Notices

Luxury a short trip from New York

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 04:40 PM
Dona

Luxury a short trip from New York

Looking for a 4 day weekend trip, perhaps over New Year's, in a luxury hotel with fabulous beaches (perhaps some gambling, though that's not necessary) - and a direct flight from New York.

Any suggestions?

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 12:27 PM
xxx

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 04:41 AM
Anne

How about the Ocean Club on paradise Island, the sister small initimate hotel to Atlantis. You also have Atlantis as a choice. How about the Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas? You could go to La Samanna in St. Martn.If you want New Years it might be hard to get reservations. All of these islands have non stop flights out of New York.

Old Nov 26th, 2000, 01:32 PM

Old Nov 26th, 2000, 04:20 PM
topagain

To the top again

Old Nov 27th, 2000, 12:51 PM
gail

Dona, check into Compas Point on Nassau, Bahamas or Pink Sands on Harbour Island.

The hotels are owned by Chris Blackwell of Island Records, so every detail is perfectly done. The food is excellent and both resorts are right on the beach.

You can fly direct into Nassau and take a cab to Compas Point (2 and half hour flight) or take the flight into Nassau and take Bahamas Air over to N. Eleuthera (half hour flight) or take the fast ferry over directly to Harbour Island.

Compas Point and Pink Sands are both beautifully done and I have never heard a bad review on either resort.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info please let me know.

gail

Old Nov 27th, 2000, 05:53 PM
Dona

Gail,

Are there websites for these two hotels?

Old Nov 27th, 2000, 05:55 PM
Dona

Gail,

Are there websites for these two hotels?