Lucaya- All Inclusive????

May 8th, 2002, 03:19 AM
jessica

Lucaya- All Inclusive????

We are going to Lucaya and staying at the Reef Village for 4 nights. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old. I'm wondering about the "all inclusive" food and drink part. Do they have a special menu at each restaurant and you can only order from that or can you get whatever you want. We had a bad experience with "all inclusive" in Cancun, all buffets and watered down drinks. Would like a little input. And is the kids club good for a 5 year old??

May 8th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Danny

If you are from the U.S. be very careful what you call "all-inclusive". Our Lucaya does not include alcohol in packages offered in the U.S. If you are from Canada or Europe and are on the Reefresher package the all-inclusive includes alcohol but is limited to restaurants and bars at the Reef Village hotel, one of three at the resort, and the Awarak Dining Room at the Lucaya Golf and Country Club. There was a time a year or so ago that this package DID have selected items on the menus at those restaurants for all-inclusive guests, and all other menu items included a surcharge, and they were hefty surcharges. I believe they have done away with that due to heavy criticism. If you are from the United States and feel you have a true all-inclusive, meaning alcoholic beverages are included, I sure would like to know where you got the package since I've never seen one. The Camp Lucaya has an outstanding reputation and the kids we've seen there appear to be having an exceptionally good time. The resort is really beautiful but this all-inclusive and partial-inclusive business has been a mess there for two years.

Danny

May 8th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Punkybbb

Jessica, I will try my best to answer your question. Our Lucaya does not offer an "all inclusive" to "americans", I know, sounds funny, they do offer an all inclusive, but without alcoholic beverages, thus not have a real all-inclusive, this has been since 9/11- UK and others are able to get the real all inclusive, or should I say one with alcoholic beverages. Everyone is restricted to one-third of the resort in using the all-inclusive card (Reef Village resaurants (and bars if not american), including Awarak Dining Room.) It is my understanding that the Bahamas Tourism Bard made this decision, not Our Lucaya! Hope this helps, if you have other questions, just e-mail me direct.

May 8th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Danny

Hi Karen,
Seems we were responding at the same time. The all-inclusive mess at Our Lucaya is their own mess, not the tourism board's. The tourism board was the culprit in refusing to advertise GBI in the U.S. for a couple of months after 911 but is not involved in the resort decisions regarding all-inclusives. I've been through the mill with contacts at the resort over this and still cannot figure out why they do things this way. Just a point of clarification.

Danny

May 8th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Hilda

I'e been reading the board for a whil,e and it never fails to amuse me that people ask questions of where they are going and what is included after they have booked!! Wouldn't it be wiser to have discussed all this with a travel agent prior to booking so you knew what to expect, what you paid for and didn't have any surprise awaiting you?

May 8th, 2002, 09:01 AM
to hilda

Dear Hilda- We have not yet booked our vacation and was looking for other peoples input.