Looking for white beaches, warm water in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your opinion for the warmest, calmest water with white beaches and great all-inclusive hotel. Don't care about shopping or nightlife - just interested in relaxing on beautiful beaches, beautiful water, snorkeling and splitting time between beach and pool.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM

Italian Village part of Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos.
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM

Anguilla. I don't know about all-inclusives there, though.
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM

For islands with with white sand beaches you have to look mostly at the flat coral/limestone based islands such as Anguilla (no AI's but some resorts do offer meal plans), Aruba (some AI's), Barbuda (very sparsely populated - Coco Point Lodge is the only AI on this island), Anegada (no AI's), Providenciales and other islands in the Turks & Caicos (some AI's, some quite pricey), and the Bahamas Out-Islands (some offer AI or Meal Plans). You'll find the biggest selection of AI's in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cancun and Cozemel - beaches there will probably meet your white sand expectations.
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:44 AM

If you don't need an AI (which I know you requested) I really would recommend Anguilla. The island has the whitest sand I've ever seen and absolutely gorgeous blue water. It's crystal clear. The island has virtually no nightlife-but has over 80 awesome restaurants to choose from as well as over 30 different beaches to explore. It's a quiet romantic island with the nicest people you will ever meet.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:52 AM

RIU Palace Aruba or Occidental Grand Aruba.
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I'm sure I can't go wrong whichever we choose and we'll save the others for the next time!
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM

Haven't done AI, so no advice there . . . I don't have a lot of the Caribbean under my belt, but between Aruba and St. Thomas, I could easily recommend St. Thomas for warm, calm water and white sand beaches. The beaches immediately around the resort hotels are not the best beches. Marriott's Frenchman's Cove has a rocky area on the harbor side toward Charlotte Amalie (though, there is a new beach in front of their Phase 3 development) and a long stretch of white sand beach back toward Morning Star Beach Resort. Megan's Bay was a very nice stretch of beach, but our all time favorite was Coki Beach. Both are a bit of a trip from the resort hotels, but I'd go back to Coki in a heartbeat. We snorkeled, sunned, had drinks brought to us and listened to a local band play. Great fun.

Aruban beaches on the south coast are beautiful and plentiful; you can stop just about anywhere off the main road between Oranjestad and California Lighthouse and find a nice stretch of beach to swim at or snorkel at. Several spots are designated beaches with Palapas for shade, but there are pull-outs all along this stretch of road.

USVI beaches tend to be isolated coves, with stretches of lush green in between. The water at St. Thomas in July was warmer than the water of Aruba in May. Seems like I read that the water is cooler this time of year and warmer during our northern colder season? Snorkeling at both were good, though I think we saw more fish in USVI.

We did a day tour of St. John's which also had some beautiful beaches in isolated coves and great snorkeling. SJ seems to be a little bit slower pace of life, with not as much happening. Great place to slow down and relax.

Cheers!

John
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica meet sall the requirements on your list. Super calm, white sand beach, great AI resort with several pools, spa, and one of the best hotel beaches on the strip (I lived there for 3 years and have been to just about all). Also, Swept Away is more on the higher end of AI so premium liquor offered at the bars and dining options more varied and appealing.

Enjoy!

www.bezlu.com
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great info!