Reload this Page >

looking for the ideal resort!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 03:58 AM
cathy green

i am looking for a resort in the carribean for a vacation march 2000 that has the following: <BR> beachfront accomodations for 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers), great pool, good swimming beach, tennis with teaching pro. i am looking for first class resort, but can't seem to find anything that contains all of the above. little dix bay has no pool, and other first class places i have found seem to have no beachfront cottages/ villas/ rooms. any ideas???? thanks

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 07:13 AM
Cheri

Plaza Bonaire has small beach, great for swimming/snorkeling, tennis galore and a really nice pool. They have villas, but they are a little bit further from the beach. They overlook a waterway tho. Double check because the people I talked to in the villas were a row back, they may have ocean front/view ones that we didn't notice because we just had the Jr. Suite.

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 07:13 AM
Cheri

Plaza Bonaire has small beach, great for swimming/snorkeling, tennis galore and a really nice pool. They have villas, but they are a little bit further from the beach. They overlook a waterway tho. Double check because the people I talked to in the villas were a row back, they may have ocean front/view ones that we didn't notice because we just had the Jr. Suite.

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 10:24 AM
Louis

Pools and tennis are not big in the small top class resorts in the Carribbean. We have only stayed three places that had tennis courts and only twice have I seen anybody using them. I think I have heard that Caneel Bay was putting in a pool but I may be wrong. Based on your requirement I think the Kona Village Resort on the big island of Hawaii really meets all of your desires to a tee. It has lovely bures (fiji style) on the beach along with pools and a full tennis program. It has a lot of the charm of places like Caneel Bay and Little Dix or a top resort in Fiji. You can look them over at http://www.konavillage.com.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 11:50 AM
lisa

The Jalousie Hilton in St. Lucia has three tennis courts, a teaching pro, a very nice pool, and a gorgeous beach, plus myriad other features to recommend it, including one of the most beautiful physical settings I've ever seen (between two mountains). Check it out at http://www.jalousie-hilton.com. My boyfriend and I stayed at a neighboring resort called Ladera last November (which was incredible, but it lacks the beachfront accommodations and tennis you're looking for) but spent several days swimming and snorkeling at the Hilton and thought it was excellent. We also ate several meals there, and the food, drinks, and service were all very good. The people we met at the Hilton were all very happy with their accommodations. St. Lucia is fantastic -- I recommend it highly. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 03:39 PM
Andrea

Look into Swept Away,Resort in Negril Jamaica. They are an all-inclusive beachfront resort with the best sport and fitness complex. They have 8-12 tennis courts.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:07 PM
Karen

If you are given serious consideration to Little Dix and the only fault is no pool, be asssured that swimming at their beach front is much like a pool ... very calm so that you can float for hours. Personally, I wouldn't rule it out at all because of no pool ... always wondered why folks wanted to spend all the $$$ in the Carrib just to swim in a chlorinated pool ... and the reasons why it is necssary to chlorinate are sooo evident!!!!

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:11 PM
Karen

Sorry, meant to finish ... might want to check out Peter Island right off Tortola ... lighted courts with pro, pool, wonderful beaches, beachfront accomodations, lots of water toys included ... seems to fit your requests. Dive BVI is on site.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 08:21 PM
CASPER M.D.

My wife & 10 year old son enjoyed Westin St John tel 340-693-8000 /fax 340-693-8888. Large diamond pool,tennis center fitness center & friendly staff

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Emm

If you're looking for beachfront cottages, then I highly-highly-highly recommend Bermuda! (Esp. if cost is not an issue.)

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 07:07 PM
Jerry edwards

<BR>Why would you pick Bermuda? Tell me more..

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 01:13 PM
Angela

Try Cap Juluca or Malliouhana in Anguilla. Both have all of the amenities you are looking for. <BR>www.capjuluca.com <BR>www.malliouhana.com <BR> <BR>Good Luck

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 07:36 AM
tamara

i went to peter island a few years back with my husband. it was the PERFECT honeymoon place. empty. quiet. wonderful beaches and good diving. there were a few families there, and i heard a few of the young teens complaining they were bored. there really isn't much there for them to do. i recommend Peter Island --- i can't stress how much i loved it! we played tennis every day from 5-6:30. we went in november, and it was brutally hot all day until then. it was perfect to spend the day at the beach (which was better than any pool i've ever been to, take a late afternoon nap, play tennis, and have a 8p dinner. <BR> <BR>again, i just fear your children will tire of the gorgeous flowers quickly. <BR> <BR>the rooms were beach front, with wonderful hammocks in which to swing away the evening. <BR> <BR>good luck- <BR>t. <BR>ps - don't forget your mosquito repellant!

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 01:30 PM
melissa

Just returned from Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic. All-inclusive package included tennis and horseback riding. You can rent a golf cart to tool around the resort (it is large!) and the teenagers might appreciate that freedom. The beach, though man-made, is lovely. The accomodations were very comfortable and the food consistently good. The type of place where you could do nothing or everything depending on the type of vacation you are looking for. Well known for its golf. <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 05:22 PM
Carolyn

How about a Club Med? We are returning to the Club Med in the Bahamas (Columbus Isle) this summer. We loved it the first time there. Nice rooms, 2 restaurants (one buffet style), gorgeous beach with virtually no one one it. Many people go for the diving and since they are gone during the day, the resort never seems crowded. All activities are included; water skiing, snorkeling, tennis, aerobics, sailing. Plenty to keep everyone busy everyday! The pool is not large but beautiful. Not a lot of kids at this resort, but if yours are ok being with the family or just doing any of the many activities, it is great. There are also nightly shows put on by the staff which aren't professional but are so much fun. Also, the disco which stays open until the last person leaves. There is not snorkeling off the beach but the boat leaves 2x each day, a.m. and afternoon for about 1 1/2 hours. The snorkeling in the Bahamas is fabulous and the water is some of the clearest anywhere. <BR> <BR>We love Club Med, check it out! <BR>