Reload this Page >

Looking for info on Bang

Search

Looking for info on Bang

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2000, 06:35 PM
Steve

Looking for info on Bang

What night do they have entertainment there? We are staying at AC. Did you take the water taxi there? How was it? How long did it take to get there?

Old May 30th, 2000, 07:22 AM
Keith

Steve, <BR> Bang has entertainment on Wed. nights. We stayed at Ladara and took taxi with 2 other couples (10 minutes from Ladara). We had reservations at 7:15 and were almost 1st ones there. Show started at 9. Food was OK (BBQ chicken seemed better than the jerk chicken.) Show is best if you get in the mode of audience participation and don't just sit back and watch.

Old May 30th, 2000, 07:47 AM
diane

Steve: We took a cab from AC to Bang. It cost US$37 round trip, plus tip. The cab driver told us that cabs are not allowed to drive through the Jalousie Hilton property to get to Bang, so he had to leave us in a parking lot and a shuttle would pick us up and take us to Bang. Can't comment on the entertainment. The manager at AC told us there was entertainment there on Friday night, so that's when we went. The informatoin was incorrect. It is Wednesday. We got there around 7:00 and only one other couple showed up as we were leaving. Someone at the bar called a cab to pick us up; we took the shuttle back to the parking lot and were left there for about 15 minutes waiting for the cab. I'd say it took about 20-30 minutes to get to Bang from AC. The food was good. Got lots of attention since we were the only ones there. You won't be able to take a water taxi from the hotel - it only runs during daylight hours.

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:32 AM
steve

Diane and Keith thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know. I'm arriving late afternoon next wednesday and leaving the tuesday after that so if I want to see the show I'll have to go the day i get there.

Old May 30th, 2000, 11:46 AM
lisa

Taxi prices must have gone way up since we were there in Nov. '98 because when we were there the taxi to Bang was only $12 or $14 and they were able to drop us off just outside the restaurant. The grilled fish there was wonderful. I thought the floor show was pretty cheezy but everyone seemed to love it. I would have rather gone on a night when the show was not going on and just had dinner.

Old May 30th, 2000, 12:22 PM
diane

Lisa: Don't know about the difference in taxi prices, but evidently Hurricane Lenny washed out a road and the Jalousie Hilton won't let cab drivers drive on their roads through their property - according to the driver we had. I have to think the price was right for the taxi because we made arrangements and paid through AC.

Old May 30th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Sandra

Steve- <BR>be sure to post a trip report when you return, I'm going on July 3rd and would love to hear how your trip went.

Old May 31st, 2000, 11:07 AM
Keith

I can't speak for the driver Diane had, but we took taxi from Ladara to Bang, and he drove right through the Hilton property (I still felt Ladara was the better choice to stay), and right into the gate of Bang. The driver was waiting for us when the show was over.