Looking for a nice family resort!

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Looking for a nice family resort!

Hi!

We're thinking of taking a family vacation with 2 toddlers to a family resort in the Caribbean. Any suggestions?

TIA!
Cindy
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:59 AM

Try checking out Beaches Negril (Jamaica). We are going there in May & have seen very positive posts on other message boards. They are an all inclusive with many children's activities & a special area for them. Definitely geared so the whole family will have fun.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 05:36 AM

Are you looking more into renting a condo, or want a hotel/resort with a kids program or babysitting.

Also, where are you flying from. I'm assuming you don't want to spend too long on a plane with toddlers.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 06:53 AM

Try Whyndham Martineau Bay Resort and Spa in Vieques,they go out of their way to take care of kids and Families.Vieques is filled with Wild Horses walking the streets, locals cooking Pinchos(Chicken Skewers)and Conch for sale for about a Buck apiece.do a trip of the Bio-Bay,check out the numerous,private,beautiful beaches!
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar in Puerto Rico, Aruba Marriott Ocean Club, any of the condo resorts in Turks & Caicos.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 12:37 PM

I don't think you can do better than Beaches - either in Negril (which has a superior beach) or near Ocho Rios (called Beaches Boscobel). We've stayed at both several times, including with toddlers. It's all inclusive, which means even water sports. It's also well run with kids programs.

Or, you could try an all-suite Jamaica resort called Franklyn D. Resort, which is more like renting a condo but still has hotel style amenities.

Also, have you thought of Club Med? Several of them have programs and accommodations geared to baby-toddler families.

But we've never had better vacations than at Beaches. It's www.beaches.com.

They also have one in Turks Caicos, but we've never been there.
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 09:50 AM

I think Boscobell is wonderful.I would check out that one.