Search

Long Beach walks

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Di

Long Beach walks

We are trying to figure out where to go this winter for long beach walks and people watching. We like the kind of beaches that have places to stop for a drink or bite. We love Negril, Jamaica, but have been there 3 times already? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 03:22 AM
Sandy

Di,<BR>Consider Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman! It has just what your looking for!!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 04:06 AM
Steve

Palm Beach in Aruba!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 09:22 AM
xxx

I second Grand Cayman!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 10:43 AM
ohliz

We like Negril too, and I have often thought that Cayman's 7 mile beach sounded similar. Haven't been though.<BR><BR Liz

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 01:25 PM
joan

Grand Anse in Grenada!

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Alex

Palm Beach Aruba. (Radisson or Hyatt. Marriott Aruba IMHO is not in same class. Be forewarned: There will be the usual ones here who will say "Are you out of your mind?" No. "Do you work for Radisson/Hyatt?" No. Any time anyone says anything negative about the Marriott in Aruba people who love it go crazy! But, hey! that's what makes a market. And, we did not like the Marriott in Aruba! Others do. But, we loved Palm Beach! Thanks for the feedback on Negril! Maybe we'll try it! Where do you stay?)

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 04:01 AM
tivertonhouse

Try the Porty/PORT ANTONIO side of Jamaica, vastly different from Negril. Boston Bay,The Blue Hole/Lagoon, Long Bay, Frenchman's<BR>-- lots of beaches,great jerk (the original jerk came from Boston Bay).Reach,Somerset Falls -- rafting on the Rio Grande and exploring Blue Mt.coffee bean plantations,Chinese gambling halls, marlin tournaments,follies and eccentric hotels, restaurants, hideaways and hotels more often visited by Europeans. This is the lushest, least touristic area of Jamaica.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:20 PM
RichF

The more I travel the Caribbean, the more I realize Negril is the king of caribbean beaches. The combination of beauty, fun and local culture makes this more than just a pretty beach.<BR><BR>I stated before, Grand Cayman's 7Mile beach is very, very similar to Negril's 7 mile beach (or Long Bay). It is a spectacular beach with all these great attributes: swiming pool type calm, crystal clear, clean sand, lovely water color and very shallow slope and very, very long. <BR><BR>Grand Cayman's 7MB has absoluting no hassling vendors. Also, Aruba's Palm/Eagle Beach is lovely, with lots of major hotels, but...no local flavor/culture, no nudity, no bars, etc. However, neither is even close to Negril as far as: people watching, culture, food, music, bars. Include Negril's cliffs, nightlife, nearby waterfalls. <BR><BR>For people watching, I guess only St. Martin's Orient Beach is any where close. Also try Shoal Bay, Magens Bay, Grand Anse, Punta Cana/Bavaro.<BR><BR>