Little Good Harbour - Barbados

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won an auction on luxurylink - great deal but now I am wondering - is the place that nice? Specifically, I wonder about the beach and the distance of the hotel from restaurants, etc. We do want an isolated and quiet trip but want the option to visit some of barbados restaurants.<BR>Thanks.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:24 PM

Hi - will you have a rental car? We really like the restaurant at Little Good Harbour (the Fish Pot) and quite happily drive up for lunch from St Lawrence Gap (about 45 minutes). <BR><BR>If you have access to a car, or don't mind taking a cab, I think you'll find it's a good combination of isolated and quiet but with some activity when you want it.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:37 AM
M2

I have stayed in that area for a few years and the drive to most of the great restaurants is not that far. I visited quite a few in the Holetown area which I believe is only a 15 minute or so drive. If you want to go to the Cliff or Carambola for dinner, the drive may take about 25-30 minutes. The area up North is beautiful and quiet. You will love it!
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM

We are heading to Little Good Harbour in in Dec, just curious to hear from anyone who has stayed at this hotel, and also any good suggestions for dining in the area, looks like the place on the property is great, so maybe we won't go very far!
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 03:02 AM

Just so you know, most of the property is on the land side of the coast road, and you'll have to cross the narrow but trafficy road to go to the beach. If you need a one or two bedroom place (as opposed to a studio or room), take a look at Settlers Beach Hotel. It is not in such a remote location, has several acres, all beachfront, on more beach.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 11:14 AM

The accommodations themselves are very nice but the beach is quite tiny at the moment - swimming ok just not a lot of beach. It is, however, just a short drive from the northernmost town on the island, Speightstown, which has some shops, restaurants, banks and points of interest - Arlington Museum & Caribbean Gallery of Art. Lovely town with lots of character. Another 10 minute drive to the south will take you to Holetown - the bustling centre of the west coast with LOTS of restaurants, shops, etc ... and beaches. And if you're not planning on hiring a car, the bus service will provide all the transportation that you need.
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 07:17 AM

We ate at the Fish Pot and it was excellent. The swimming pool looked good and the beach was lovely. We liked the area and think you will, too.
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 04:54 PM

We will rent a car so being on the nicest beach isn't as much as a priority as nice hotel and good resturant that we can eat lots of yummy food and then roll up to our room with a full belly. What beaches should not be missed while we are there. We like both the calm beaches and the waves. Thanks for all the help, were really excited and everything looks like it will be great for us, were pretty easdy to please!