Search

Little Dix in July?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 03:36 PM
Anmarie

Little Dix in July?

My fiance and I are considering Little Dix Bay for our honeymoon in July. We've heard from two reviews that the resort does not offer all activities because it's the low-season. We're basically looking for nice beaches, snorkeling, sea kayaking and relaxation. Anyone out there been to the resort in the summer?

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 08:42 AM
chris

Anmarie, I too will be travelling to LDB on my Honeymoon in May. Speaking to some people who had also done the same it sounds like this is a top shelf resort worthy of your highest confidence. They said that by the first morning the entire staff knew their name and their drink!!! <BR>

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 02:08 PM
funfunfun

i recommend a luxury villa rental with caribbeanway.com. Go to www.caribbeanway.com and give them a call - they know lots about the island and are very friendly. Good luck - stay away from LDI - the villa thing is much better.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Victoria

My husband and I went to Little Dix Bay for OUR honeymoon in June of 1998. All I can say is that the place is fabulous. You'll definetely have plenty to do. They have snorkeling, kayaks, all the things you mentioned that you wanted. Also, they can arrange to take you to a deserted beach on one of the small islands (one of the Dogs) and pack a picnic lunch for you. You can also go to their sister resort, Caneel Bay, on St. John's for a day - although LDB is a far superior resort in my opinion. You won't be disappointed!! Be sure to pack some nice outfits for the evening, no bathing suits or shorts in the dining room at night.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Kevin

Hey, my fiance and I are considering the BVI for our honeymoon this July. I had heard that it is very hot and humid this time of year in this part of the world. If so, how hot and some tips of which island to stay on. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Kevin

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 02:10 PM
MARC

WE HONEYMOONED AT LDB LAST AUGUST AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE HEAT. YOU WILL NEVER BE MORE THAN A FEW FEET FROM THE WATER, THERE'S A NICE BREEZE, AND PLENTY OF SHADE. <BR>THE RESORT IS BEAUTIFUL AND VERY PRIVATE. YOU CAN CHOOSE A DIFFERENT SECLUDED BEACH TO VISIT EACH DAY IF YOU WANT. THE FOOD IS GREAT. <BR>CANEEL BAY IS ALSO VERY NICE. IF YOU'RE <BR>GOING FOR A WEEK, LOOK INTO THEIR PACKAGE THAT ALLOWS YOU TIME AT BOTH RESORTS. <BR>SOME OF THE BEST SNORKELING IN THE CARRIBEAN IS RIGHT OFF THE BEACH AT LITTLE DIX.