Search

Legal age Bahamas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal age Bahamas

Just double checking. My daughter is going with a friend and her parents to the Bahamas. She is 18. Would there be any reason for me to send a noterized letter regarding permission to travel with them
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Sorry. Accidentially posted too soon. Letter regarding permission or medical care?
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 01:28 AM

i don't know about legally but god forbid she were delirious/unconscious i would want her hosts to have the letter. you might include all your contact info. and espcially if she has any specific medical needs - allergies to medications etc.
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:56 AM

I agree with virginia - what can it hurt? Better to be prepared and not need it. Include her health insurance ID card too.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. We know the family she will be with very well so contact info for them won't be necessary but I will send a copy of our insurance card. I am assumming that since she is 18 and a legal adult, there would be no need for a letter indicating that she has parental permission to travel with the family.

Thanks again for your help.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM

Just to jump in here about insurance. you're Insurance cards don't cover medical expenses in the bahamas, and you will be responsible to pay the bills.. in full, before leaving.

So you may not want to assume responsibility for your friends child unless you're willing to be financially responsible for them.

Of course, in an emergency, we would all probably do whatever is needed, but just wanted you to be aware.

medical services called to a hotel, or going to hospital or clinic in the bahamas are out of pocket expenses.

Contact info and allergies, conditions etc should be noted. of course