Leaving in 3 weeks

Old Dec 24th, 1999, 11:46 AM
Pat

Leaving in 3 weeks

What sites do I absolutely have to see? We love to snorkle and eat. Name names ,please. Thanks

Old Dec 24th, 1999, 05:43 PM
Karen

What island are you visiting?

Old Dec 25th, 1999, 07:12 AM
Lori Lawson

You MUST do a sting ray city tour. Go on a smaller boat and not a glass bottom boat. The best thing is being able to feel and feed them. Bring and underwater camera. Snorkeling from the beach at cemetary reef is great, free and theres a port-a-potie. Bring a cooler with drinks. The blow holes are cool. The Elizabethan Gardens are nice and shady. Dinner at Papagallos on the west end is great. Disco dancing at Sharkys is fun on 70's night. Renting a jeep and tooling around the mangroves near the west end is fun and like an unexpored maze. A visit to the turtle farm is neat to see all the sizes. They do a good job. If you can find the "Barefoot Man" band playing go see them. You'll find there is no crime, begging and that the people are very friendly.

Old Dec 26th, 1999, 06:23 AM
Pat

Thanks Lori. Hows the snorkeling in front of the Marriott?

Karen I was posting to the Grand Cayman message boards.

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 07:45 PM
Mare

Eat at Maxins-downtown Georgetown! Little French bistro with EXCELLENT food! Tell them the people from South Dakota recommended it!!

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 04:48 AM
Karen

Well, you can teach ol' folks new tricks ... sorry, did not mean to be short (if I sounded that way!) but I just open the board and all the posts appear ... now I understand why some posters do not post the island/destination ... you can cull out the unwanted ones by selecting a specific "board!" And then they all get posted on the same general one anyway! Maybe Fodor's should come up with a way to identify the posting as to island for those of us who enjoy the whole Caribb and don't bother to click on a specific island/destination!
Have a happy new year and happy travels where ever that might be!