Search

Le Petit vs Alamanda

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Petit vs Alamanda

Hi -- my husband and I are planning a trip to St. Martin in Feb, 07. We've narrowed it down to Le Petit and the Alamanda. How is the beach at Le Petit? Is it walking distance to Orient Beach? We're looking for a bit of luxury and complete relaxation.
thanks!
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 06:05 AM
iw

This will probably be of no help, but I have only read/seen/heard great things about Alamanda. We stayed at the sister resort in July...the Esmeralda, and heard that the Alamanda was much better and more modern. The rooms at the Esmeralda were quite large, IMHO, so I can only imagine the ones at Alamanda. Orient Beach is amazing and you have rights to charge lunch/drinks to your room at all of the beach bars. Be aware, if you don't stay at your hotel's beach chair area, there is a small fee.
Have fun and I also recommend getting Maria to be your taxi driver, as she is wonderful and great at restaurant recommendations. I highly recomment Il Nettuno for great Italian.
Have fun.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Le Petit is in Grand Case and is not on Orient. Orient is about a 5-10 minute car ride away.
Le Petit is charming but the beach right in front of it is rather small.
I don't know much about Alamanda, but it has good reviews, and it is on Orient if that is where you want to be.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 09:06 AM

We stayed at L'Hoste very close to Allamanda - and we pined for the Allamanda...it had that extra something special from what we could see - and great location..lovely pool and breakfast area...were considering for this trip but now we are going to St.Kitts....woohoo... So I would recommend it on my limited info...

Try www.traveltalkonline.com too for all info on SXM they are serious over there!
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 10:39 AM
iw

robandsheila....yeah! Congrats to you for St. Kitts. It is one of my favorite places and very different from SXM. You are so right, traveltalkonline is a great resource for info about SXM. I hope you have a wonderful stay in St. Kitts. Be sure to go to Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack, as well as Serendipity.
Oh, BTW, I do know that recommend should end with a d and not a t, as on my earlier post.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm hearing great reviews about the Alamanda, though we do like the location of Le Petit, ie, walking distance to Grand Case. You mentioned the beach at Le Petit is small -- is it still a beautiful beach? Thanks so much !
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Hello IW!! Thanks for the cheery response...I am really looking forward to returning to St. Kitts as I have missed so many wonderful things about it...but in my irritating fashion I have just checked the reviews of Timothy Beach (where we are staying) and now there is a dreadful and unpleasant review...argh...I must stop checking as Liz has arranged for us to have a great one bedroom unit - but I always hope someone will have posted "candid photos" of the hotel so I can have more vivid dreams of where we will stay!!

I am glad you love St. Kitts so much - where did you stay?

Escape - if you go to www.tripadvisor.com and do a search on SXM I noticed that (to make things more complicated...hehehe) Le Petit is rated one of the highest hotels in GC...not bad!!
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 02:38 AM
iw

We have stayed at the Marriott for the last 2 years in St. Kitts, followed by Oualie Beach in Nevis. I wouldn't worry about the reviews of Timothy Beach. Liz is always such a great resource for St. Kitt's info. Don't miss hanging out, or liming, as the locals say, at Turtle Beach.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the tips! We booked Le Petit, and just added an extra 3 days over on Anguilla at the Ku. Can't wait!