Search

Le Flamboyant

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:25 PM
mac

Le Flamboyant

My wife and I are thinking of staying at Le Flamboyant in mid-August. Does anyone have any current information on it?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Howard

HI Mac: Assume you are talkimg about St.Martin. There are several negative reports i've read. while price is good<BR>feel doesn't make up for shortcomings.<BR>Poor Beach and undrstand near smelly bay.<BR>Suggest you consider Le Meridian or perhaps Esmeralda. Good Luck.<BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Chris

Dear Mac, <BR>There have been very negative reports in the past on Fodors and Where2stay in the past.<BR>I recall hearing horrible beach, run down rooms and bad service on forums. Many people who stayed there were bashing it because of their experiences. Look into it before you book. Good luck.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Chas

Mac:<BR><BR>We stayed there some years ago. It was nice, nothing great. We have been back to the island many times since and would most likely reccommend a place in Grand Case or on Orient as a better alternative.<BR><BR>If you want nightlife, over in the Maho area would be more the choice. If you provide more info on what your main interests are, people can probably point you to a better alternative.<BR><BR>St Martin does not really have a central hotel area, it is spread around the island. You can then find a place to meet your needs.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Cheryl

Mac, <BR><BR>I have been to SXM, eight times now, and very much love the island. I've never stayed at Le Flamboyant myself, however close friends of ours stayed there, and did not have a good report. Everything from the smell of the local water, to the non-existent beach, to mediocre food, to lack of towels, to the unfriendly nature of the staff..etc..etc. <BR><BR>There are so many other wonderful places to visit in SXM...check out Grand Case Beach Club, or any resort within the Orient Beach complex...(L'Hoste, Esmeralda, La Plantation, Green Cay..etc). <BR><BR>It truly is a wonderful island, despite what other people on this board say. <BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!<BR><BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Disappointed

We stayed there last month and were disappointed for several reasons. the airco in our bedroom didn't work - and its very necessary in SXM- we asked them to fix it on our way out for dinner. When we got back I picked up the key and asked if it was fixed, "Yes", but then got to the room and it wasn't ...were told we'd have to wait till maintenance could look at it in the morning. There was a real shortage of towels and pillows. We had to convince them not to charge us for the pool towels when checking out because we didn't have the cards from the watersports desk to show we'd returned them. (The pool guy had picked them up from the pool area when our kids ran for shelter from rain, then he closed shop so we had no towels and no proof we'd returned them.) The rooms are clean but there's no attention to detail.<BR>etc, etc<BR>

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:45 AM
BAD HOTEL

I stayed there a few years ago and it was awful. The staff were unbelievably rude and inconsiderate. Rooms were not nice at all. Don't stay at this hotel. Sapphire Club looked like it was nice but I did not stay there.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:01 PM
badtiming

Duh, they said they were going in mid August. You must really be on island time!!!!