Last trip before baby arrives!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are expecting a little one this summer and want to have a beach fling before its arrival. Probably late April. Any suggestions on where to go? We live in NC, so ideally would like someplace accessible - don't think I'll be wanting to spend too much time on the plane.
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 04:40 AM

Check USAir's website for specials...they are the only game in town in NC. They have direct flights to Puerto Rico, Caymans, Jamaica, etc. Those would be relatively close, even Bermuda, Bahamas, or T&C would work. Have fun
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 05:54 AM

You got good suggestions from greenie.

We live in NC and travel frequently to Mexico and the Caribbean.

If you live close enough to Charlotte to travel from there, you can save a lot of money and get to quite a few places very quickly.

We live in Raleigh and can be sitting on the beach at our hotel by noon if we leave on an early enough flight.

If you go the last week in April, you can save from 30 to 50% on your airfare and hotel as that is the beginning of low season.

Congrats!
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 09:42 AM

Jamaica would be nice for you - Negril in particular. If you want AI, I would recommend Swept Away. When I was there, there were several couples in the same situation and none of them had any complaints.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all! We're close to RDU and would probably prefer to layover in Charlotte rather than drive there and back.

Will definitely look into Negril and T&C. Appreciate the suggestions!
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM

If you are planning to travel when 5-7 months pregnant, chances are you want the most convenient trip possible.

You might not want a 90 minutes minibus ride to Negril among the crazy drivers and potholed roads.... if you want Jamaica I would recommend a couple of nights at either Ritz Carlton or Half Moon Club... and splash out on some spa treatments to treat yourself

Oh, and anywhere you go after Easter will have special offers on.

If you like the beach, I would suggest the non-stop USAir flight daily to Cayman... you could always spend a few days at The Reef... email us in advance and we can book your Spa Treatments etc in advance.