Reload this Page >

Last St. Lucia Questions :)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Laura

Finally, I am leaving tomorrow for our 1st anniv. trip to St Lucia... last 3 questions... <BR>#1. is there a grocery store located <BR>close to the hYatt to pick up snacks ect <BR> <BR>#2 does St. Lucia have a bus system or are cabs the best option <BR> <BR>#3 what is the limit of alchohol that can be brought into the island, are customs tight? (the north airport)We flew into Aruba last year with out any questions asked at the <BR>airport <BR> <BR>Thank you for all your help, I promise to return the favor when I return! <BR> <BR>Laura

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Laura

Hi, I am only topping this becausewe leave in less than 24 hoursr.. thanks

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 04:38 PM
laura

shoot, I did not want to top again, but I have not heard from anyone Iand I am leaving at 5pm tomorrow.. if you have any input please let me know... <BR> <BR>Laura and Pete

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Katie

I hope this helps with one of your questions at least: <BR>Buses <BR>Northern St. Lucia, around Castries and Gros Islet, has regular bus service until approximately 10:00pm (later on Friday nights), but there is no scheduled timetable. Fare from Castries to the north is EC$1.50; from Castries to the south is EC$7.00. <BR> <BR>Taxis <BR>Taxis can be obtained at taxi stands or by telephone; minibuses (accommodating 10 persons) can also be hired as taxis for groups. Fare from Castries to Hewanorra Airport is EC$120 up to four persons; Castries to Rodney Bay is EC$40 up to four persons. <BR> <BR>I just booked my vacation to the Hyatt St. Lucia an hour ago. I really hope you enjoy yours!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Katie

I found that information at: <BR>http://www.interknowledge.com/st-lucia/lctsp01.htm

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:20 AM
Lizzie

Hi Laura! <BR> <BR>I don't know about the grocery store; is there any way you could call the hotel and ask them? We stayed at the Jalousie Hilton and went to Soufriere to try to pick up some snacks, etc, which was not terribly successful. However, Castries is a bigger city so I think you'd have better luck there! <BR> <BR>As for taxis vs. public transportation, I think there must be some reason most everyone who visits the island sticks with taxis. That's what we found most convenient, and I don't recall ever seeing buses while we were on the roads. A water taxi trip to the south side of the island or to Marigot Bay might be a nice adventure, too. <BR> <BR>As for the alcohol, my boyfriend and I brought five bottles of wine in no problem. We actually declared it to the person at customs, and she told us the limit was two bottles but was nice enough to let us through anyway. Even if they don't let you, the fee per bottle is so small it's hardly a concern. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:37 AM
Lara

There are a couple grocery stores within a few minutes drive of the Hyatt.