Just back from Sandals Negril

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Brooke

Just back from Sandals Negril

Just back from our first experience in Jamaica and all-inclusives. Sandals, as a whole, was pretty good. The food was a pleasant surprise, and the service above average - in most cases. At first we were put in the wrong room - the next day we were moved. It was the same category just a different block nearer the beach and MUCH nicer.

There were many more weddings and honeymooners than we expected, but that's okay. The weather was fair as it rained or stormed part of the day for at least 4 of the 7 days we were there.

The biggest disappointment for us were the beaches. The beach itself was very narrow and the water - although clear, was green and full of seaweed. I have visited over 10 different islands in the Carribean and found the beaches of USVI, BVI, St. Martin, etc, to be 100% more beautiful.

It was a good vacation - but we will not be visiting Jamaica again. Just my opinion! I hope no one takes offense!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 01:13 PM
be happy

Brook, I hope also noone will take offense including yourself.

The reason I vacation is to get away from exactly what Brook is complaining about.

People in the states pay for something and expect perfection. Pretty everything, no complaining, completely self obsorbed.

When I go on vacation I want to be around something different and new.

Jamaica is exactly that. That don't obsess on material things but just crave to make a living and be themselves.

Some people can't handle that...

For anyone wanted a new outlook on life do not go to jamaica..

Stay home in the states and go to LA(lol)

Jamaica is an experience for people who want to feel free where they know they will not be judged for what they look like or how much money they make....Just be happy.....no probem mon.....

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Beth

Sorry you were disappointed with the beach, it is narrow. I think however the color of the water was due to seaweed and is a saesonal thing. At certain times of the year this occurs naturally. I assure you the rest of the year the beaches of Negril are beautiful and tourquoise blue! onde Nast has ranked Negril Beah in Jamaica in the top 5 beaches in the world! Yes the strip of sand top the beach is narrow at Sandals unfortunately, but the good thing is if you get a first fllor beahfront honeymoon suite, your room opens diretly onto the beach and sand so you are VERY close to the water! So far 2 Sandals resorts and one Grand Lido down many more to go, I LOVE Jamaica!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Kim

I agree I LOVE JAMAICA ALSO!!!!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:38 AM
lucky

I second that opinion- jamaica is beautiful, was there in may. Question: anybody been to Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios? any input, please advise.