Reload this Page >

Last Minute Trip to USVI-Any suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 08:25 PM
Mike Marks

Planning a last minute trip to St Thomas/St John USVI. Was wondering where are some nice places to stay. Room rate not an issue, but don't want the big hotel or resort. Secluded or semi secluded prefeerred ok, beach front for sure, Something where the rooms open up to the sound of the sea.I assume the eastern end of St Thomas are the nicest beaches. <BR> <BR>Thanks Mike

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 06:12 AM
Karen

Scott's Beach, Caneel Bay ... St. John! But availablity may be a problem! Good luck!

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 06:18 AM
Karen

Definately Scott's Beach, Caneel Bay, St. John. Yes, the beaches are usually nicer on the East End of STT. Might want to check out Secret Harbour (beachfront) for the lovely little beach there. Not "upscale" but more "moderate" but at least right on the beach! Sapphire has another of the prettiest beaches and is undergoing a facelift, popular family destination but rooms right on the beach! Ritz is definately excellent but rooms are hillside, great views of Pillsbury Sound and St. John, great property with lots of steps down to the beach area!

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 12:59 PM
Lisa

Mike, <BR> <BR>My husband & I just returned from a lovely 10-day stay on St. John. We rented a beautiful home on Rendevous Bay, on the cliff, w/ water crashing 50 feet below. <BR> <BR>Check out cateredto.com for a complete listing of beatiful vacation homes on St. John. They were a top notch management firm and a pleasure to rent from. You may want to call, as only certain homes will be available on short notice. <BR> <BR>I could never stay on St. Thomas after having stayed on St. John.... try it and you'll see why! <BR> <BR>Best wishes. <BR> <BR>Lisa

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:18 AM
Meghan

go to www.caribbeanway.com and look at their villa selection - their villas are awesome and their service even better. <BR> <BR>good luck