Search

clarion south beach

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 08:58 AM
mimi

clarion south beach

we may book a trip to the clarion on south beach, got a good rate for the room and air but worried that the meals will get expensive - anyone know if there are inexpensive restaurants near by?

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Gwen

Assume you mean South Beach Miami?? If so post on USA branch, the oceans the Atlantic there, not the Caribbean.

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Will

There is nothing near the Clarion, period. I don't recall the hotel restaurants being expensive, but I do recall the food was so-so and the service poor (slower than normal Caribbean pace, disorganized, insolent, etc.). <BR> <BR>The resort itself is OK. Note the beach front rooms are a 5 minute walk from the main part of the hotel where the restaurants are. And, of course, the rooms in the main part of the hotel (next to the golf course) are a 5 minute walk from the beach. <BR> <BR>The beach is nice. If you go, be sure to do the Stuart Cove snorkeling trip. <BR> <BR>While we had a good time at the Clarion, I wouldn't go back. It was too remote and I didn't feel like it offered good value for what it cost us. <BR> <BR>One additional thought: The Clarion folks had just bought the resort when we were there. They have probably made many improvements in the two years since. <BR> <BR>Good luck! If you do go, please post a trip report and let us know how your trip went. <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Will

BTW: I assume we are discussing the Clarion Resort South Ocean in the Bahamas. <BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 08:42 AM
Bonnie

We drove by over Christmas week. It is in the middle of nowhere on the west end of the island. They were completely painting the place the day before Christmas! Virtually empty -- a few japanese tourists. Golf course looked pretty good - either a good hike or a golf cart ride to the beach, which looked nice. Without a car, you are really stuck. And gas runs about $275 a gallon.