Reload this Page >

Last Minute Tips for May Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 01:52 PM
Diana

Hello All, <BR> <BR>My fiance and I are going to Barbados and St Lucia for our Honeymoon end of May. We are staying 5 days on each island at the Crystal Cove Hotel in Barb and the Jalouise Hilton in St Lucia. Has anyone been to these resorts recently??? <BR> <BR>I would like any feedback from recent trips to these islands. Any must see & do's, tips, tours, restaraunts, things to avoid, etc. <BR> <BR>I want to plan a perfect honeymoon, so any info would greatly be appreciated... <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Diana

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 10:59 AM
lisa

Diana: I was in St. Lucia last November at a neighboring resort to the Jalousie which is called Ladera (which was fantastic). I HIGHLY recommend that you go to Ladera's restaurant, Dasheene, for dinner at least one evening. Call a day or two in advance and reserve a table with a good view, and go before sunset because the view of the sun setting over the Caribbean between the Pitons is amazing. It is not cheap but it is well worth it. The food and service are both very good and it is an incredibly romantic place. The bartender there (I think his name was Mario or Marcus or something) will make you his own special tropical drinks that are delicious (we never figured out what was in them). A good restaurant in Soufriere is The Hummingbird. There is also a fun, very casual place a short walk from the Hilton called "Bang" (between the Pitons). One night a week they have a floor show with limbo dancers and fire eaters which is fun, and the food is good and not expensive at all. The local beer, Piton, is cheap and great. There were a couple of other restaurants recommended to us in town called Camilla's and Captain Hook's but we did not get to try them. Make sure you go snorkeling at Anse Chastanet one day because it is terrific (although we liked the beach better at Jalousie Hilton). If you should have time you should check out the botanical gardens; they're gorgeous. The volcano is a bit overrated and if you're only there for 5 days I wouldn't necessarily make it a priority, although it doesn't take very long to see. One thing we loved was taking a day trip with a guide to go hiking in the rainforest, but you may not have time to do that. We had an incredible time in St. Lucia and I wish you the same.

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 10:59 AM
lisa

Diana: I was in St. Lucia last November at a neighboring resort to the Jalousie which is called Ladera (which was fantastic). I HIGHLY recommend that you go to Ladera's restaurant, Dasheene, for dinner at least one evening. Call a day or two in advance and reserve a table with a good view, and go before sunset because the view of the sun setting over the Caribbean between the Pitons is amazing. It is not cheap but it is well worth it. The food and service are both very good and it is an incredibly romantic place. The bartender there (I think his name was Mario or Marcus or something) will make you his own special tropical drinks that are delicious (we never figured out what was in them). A good restaurant in Soufriere is The Hummingbird. There is also a fun, very casual place a short walk from the Hilton called "Bang" (between the Pitons). One night a week they have a floor show with limbo dancers and fire eaters which is fun, and the food is good and not expensive at all. The local beer, Piton, is cheap and great. There were a couple of other restaurants recommended to us in town called Camilla's and Captain Hook's but we did not get to try them. Make sure you go snorkeling at Anse Chastanet one day because it is terrific (although we liked the beach better at Jalousie Hilton). If you should have time you should check out the botanical gardens; they're gorgeous. The volcano is a bit overrated and if you're only there for 5 days I wouldn't necessarily make it a priority, although it doesn't take very long to see. One thing we loved was taking a day trip with a guide to go hiking in the rainforest, but you may not have time to do that. We had an incredible time in St. Lucia and I wish you the same.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 10:16 AM
Beth

The Jalouise Hilton was a honeymooner's paradise. We went in late May, which was perfect. The resort was 1/3 full, which was fine with us. May starts the slow season, but not yet the rainy season. Since we were on our honeymoon we loved the peace & quiet & solitude. The Hilton's setting is gorgeous. It is an absolute tropical paradise. The beach is between the Pitons & there is a marine reserve area for snorkling. Our cottage was so romantic. Fresh flower petals left on the bed daily, and I would definitely recommend getting a plunge pool. Our pool overlooked lush vegitation & the sea down below. I can't wait to go back there! <BR>Also, get the all-inclusive plan. It was not much more than the room rates, so worth it. If we had to actually pay for the meals we had each time it would have added up to a lot more.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 03:00 PM
Diana

Beth: Can you tell me the cost of your vacation. Sounds like a great place, Is it expensive? <BR>Diana