Reload this Page >

Lambert Beach, Tortola, BVI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 08:36 AM
Ivy Duke

I am planning a trip to the Caribbean this summer/fall and have heard about Lambert Beach on Tortola. I have been told that it is a new on the island. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been to or has genenral knowledge about this hotel.

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 03:20 PM
Jill

Yes, this is a new resort, on a beautiful beach. Be careful though, as the beach can have a very serious undertow except on very calm days. They do have a large pool to make up for it. We didn't look into the rooms, but they seem to be set up as semi-detached mini-villas, look fine from the outside. Gardens are in their infancy, but they will be nice once they develop. Good luck with your trip, have fun! <BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:46 AM
michael

How serious can the undertow be in March. It's december and I've booked a trip there. I'm feeling that I made a mistake. Please tell Me i'm wrong

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Karen

Lambert's is relatively new - maybe around 5 years. Also did some time as a Pusser's or Pusser's was involved but thankfully now gone. It is on Long Bay (not the same Long Bay as the "other" one) but it is known to have some pretty swift currents at times especially in the winter due to the weather, wind and sea conditions. When it first opened, it had a very nice restaurant but haven't heard reviews since Pusser's came and left! A mistake? Can't say but most people who do go to Tortola do know that beaching it there often involves commuting to the couple of beaches that are wonderfully calm and peaceful or trekking to the other islands if the sea is running.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 02:13 AM
Pam

We just spent a few days at Lambert Beach. The first day, the surf was quite active but people were still enjoying the water. It calmed down after that. A couple we met who had been staying there for 10 days said they had rented a jeep and were enjoying going to different beaches. We liked the property very much - lovely setting and the rooms are very nice. The pool is great and the swim up bar is fun. The food was excellent. The only thing lacking was the service in the bar and dining room. However, we would not hestitate to go back and spend a week there.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Joel

I don't think you made a mistake. Lamberts has one of the most beautiful beaches on Tortola and a very nice setting. It seems to be making a good rep for itself. As to the Pusser's ownership, I didn't know they'd disposed of the property, but as Karen says, that can only be a good thing.<BR>I'm a wader and a splasher about. I don't do long swims in deep surf. Unless you do, I'd not worry about the surf in closer than waist high

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Ken and Odette

Message: We were at Lambert Beach in December of 2000. It was only for the day. The Sunday brunch was incredible, especially the seafood. We went to body surf. The waves were not real large but were very good. We did not find an undertow. The waves were very consistent with a perfect break. The water was just like a tepid bath. About two hours had passed before we realized that we had been in the surf that long. Lambert Beach is long and beautiful for relaxing strolls. The resort is the only thing at Lambert Beach. It is quite isolated from the rest of the island. It took about a half hour to get there from Road Town, over a steep hill. So, if you do not want to eat at the resort's restaurant, you will have a distance to go. The mini-villa had no kitchens, but barbeque facilities were available.