Ladera Vacation Packages

Feb 1st, 2001, 07:15 PM
Ashley

Ladera Vacation Packages

We've pretty much decided on a vacation to St. Lucia in July 2001, and stay at Ladera. Does anyone know where we could get an airfare/Ladera accomodation package? We are very flexible in our travel dates... Also, which airport should you fly into if you're staying at Ladera? Hanawerra (or however you spell it!)? How far is it if you fly into the little airport in the north? Lastly, any idea of how much a jeep rental is for the week or whether that can be included at Ladera?

Thanks for any advice!

Feb 2nd, 2001, 03:08 AM
me

I suggest you contact them directly. They do have 800 number and e-mail too.

Feb 2nd, 2001, 05:08 AM
Dale

We went to Ladera and Le Sport for our honeymoon last year and got a good package from Travel Center at www.travelunlimited.com or 1-800-228-1502.

Feb 2nd, 2001, 05:22 AM
Kay

Hi Ashley:

You could not have made a better more romantic choice. I spent my honeymoon at Ladera last summer

I used Air Jamaica vacations though my travel agent (who is fantastic and and expert on the Caribbean Kay Mitchell [email protected])

We got our air, hotel and transfers included as well as breakfast everyday.

You should flyinto Henwenora (sp) which is in the southern part of the island and nearest to Ladera. It will be a 45 min. ride to Ladera. Air Jamaica does fly into that airport. Vigie airport is in the north part of the island adn take 1 1/2 hours to get to Ladera.

We rented a jeep from Cool Breezes at after we got to Ladera. The office took care of it and they delivered the jeep to Ladera to us. It was great fun and gave us a lot of freedom driving instead of relying on taxis. The road are twisty and turny and no shoulder but I did not think they were any worse than here in Dallas You can judge after you get there and decide for sure about renting jeep. I believe it was $65 a day for the jeep plus we had to buy a local drivers licence.

Feb 2nd, 2001, 07:28 AM
lisa

Ashley -- We went through a travel agent, and she booked our package through Travel Unlimited (which someone else mentioned above). It included roundtrip air on American Airlines (into Hewonnara airport in the south, which is closer to Ladera than Vigie Airport is), accommodations including breakfast and tax and roundtrip airport transfers, one excursion (we chose the guided rainforest hike), and a free gift (which turned out to be a St. Lucia tote bag with a St. Lucia T-shirt and coupon booklet inside; we did not use any of the coupons as they were for restaurants and places mostly on other parts of the island). We were very pleased with the whole thing.

Feb 2nd, 2001, 09:06 AM
Ashley

Thanks everyone- I will try those sources.

Do you recommend a certain room "number? We're going to do a deluxe suite, and I've been hearing alot about suite S. Any comments on your particular room (at Ladera)?

Feb 2nd, 2001, 10:57 AM
Kay

Ashley:

I highly recommend room S which is a deluxe suite. We stayed in room R also a deluxe sutie but I did see room S and it was by far the most romantic. Our room was just great too with beautiful view. We had a heated plunge pool (really heated too)