Search

Ladera and Dasheene

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Hope

Ladera and Dasheene

My husband and I will be spending a week at Ladera in February, and we were wondering how to dress for dinner at Dasheene as well as at some of the nearby restaurants. Should he wear slacks, or would shorts be ok? Does anyone wear jeans or is he better off with khaki type pants? Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Cynthia

Hi - My husband and I are planning a week stay at Ladera in April. What do you know about it????? It is luxury hotel?

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 09:20 AM
AD

I was at Ladera back in May and I don't recall Dasheene being terribly dressy. I don't recommend anyone really wears jeans in the caribbean - they're too heavy. I'd say slacks are best for him and sundresses, skirts or slacks are good for you. It's a great restaurant with an amazing atmosphere. The chef, Orlando, will come an introduce himself to you. I'd say Ladera is a pretty casual place in general. <BR><BR>Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help out. Enjoy!

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Kay

Hi<BR><BR>I stayed at Ladera for my honeymoon back in June. I wore sleeveless sundress or to and casual skirt for dinner. For breakfast I wore shorts. The food is fantastic as is the view. All the tables are numbered so if there is a particular table you like you can reserve it in the morning for dinner.<BR><BR>My husband wore light weight cotton pants/kahakis to dinner and shorts to breakfast. <BR><BR>Ladera is not a luxury hotel in that no air conditioning, tv, radio phone , etc. It is a very unique, romantic and intimate with great service and atmosphere. The views from yiou room are "jaw dropping out of this workd beautiful" You won't want to leve your room.<BR><BR>for more info on Ladera just do a search on St Lucia and Ladera.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Jeff

My wife and I were at Ladera last November. Wow. By far the most beautiful place I've ever been. We spent about 1/4 of our time just sitting in the bar are, sipping Pitons and watching the view. <BR> <BR>Anyway, I wore shorts a couple nights to the bar and one night to dinner. If you have a nice shirt, you will be OK. It is very casual

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 08:38 AM
lisa

Jeff -- I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed Ladera, because I seem to remember you posting questions here before your trip. It would be great if you could post your trip report (if it's too long, just break it up into sections and post each section as a reply).

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:58 AM
jeff

Lisa, I've tried to post my huge trip report a couple times and it was erased. I'll try again...I saved it last time.

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Jean

Jeff: What can I say: you rock. My husband and I are going to Ladera on May 30 for our third anniversary. We like to take unique trips and stay in unusual places. As soon as I found the Ladera web site, I KNEW I had to go there. Now that my trip is less than three weeks away, I decided to do a little surfing and I found your post. You have confirmed for me that this is where we want to stay. I got a little worried reading about the Hilton right on the beach and the couple stranded in the rain storm, but your message has me so excited I fear I'll be calendar- and clock-watching for the next couple weeks. <BR> <BR>Thanks for the insights. We plan to use a lot of your suggestions. (And I'll be sure to remember my EC$1 and $5 bills...) Can you get those at the airport? <BR> <BR>

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Lisa

Jeff, where is this trip report? I would love to read it. We are going to Atlantis and Ocean Club this spring but are looking for something a little different for the nexy trip. We are considering Ladera, Cap Jaluca, Caneel Bay, and Little Dix Bay, so any insight into Ladera would be great! <BR> <BR>Thanks