La Samanna for honeymoon?

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 09:29 AM
cdb

La Samanna for honeymoon?

Comments on La Samanna for upcoming June 2000 honeymoon?Has anyone been there recently, since the most recent hurricane damage.If so ,has the resort fully recovered?

Old May 18th, 2000, 08:35 PM
Michele

Oh well, you probably made a decision already. LaSamanna was Ok. We had a junior suite.The room itself was small and nothing to it. The view was great. The food was even better. The beach was nice also. We went in July of 98. Good luck!

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:28 PM
Tom

Michele -- and at THOSE prices, no less! If the room were worth the money I could understand it, but they quite clearly are NOT!

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:32 AM
Karen

The worst that can happen is having all the plans set and someone posts something that puts a big knot in your stomach! (Been there, done that!) Hope that there are some more encouraging postive posts ... it is a lovely spot and I am sure that the resort has "recuperated" well from Lenny as has SXM!

Old May 19th, 2000, 08:05 AM
Michele

I truly believe and felt LaSamanna was not worth the price , recognition and status it has. I am NOT the only one who felt like this. We met three other couples staying there who felt the same way. The best part was the beach. When I came home, another couple told me they went recently-disliked it packed up and went to another resort in Nevis.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 10:20 PM
jenny

just there in april.completly redone and incredibly beautiful place.the donald was staying there.i can only expect that he insists on the very best.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Eileen

Wine Spectator mag recently named it one of the top ten resorts in Caribbean. The only drawback was that they felt the rooms were small. I just saw a great deal advertised for the summer at La Sammana, I think in Sundays's NY Times - $295 night -- try to get that deal if you can!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Scott

That ad in the NY Times mentioned a new European spa opening this summer. Does anyone know anything about this?