Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Klein Bay--too far from Cruz Bay for a 1st timer?

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the wonderful advice you guys have given me!!!

I don't mind "a drive." I have fallen in love with Francis Bay and don't mind driving in to Cruz Bay to go to restaurants, day trip excursions etc....

OR am I being naive???
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 02:45 AM

Klein Bay is not nearly as far as Francis Bay. It's over the hill from Chocolate Hole.
Ronnie
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 07:00 AM

Klein Bay is an approx 10 min ride to Cruz Bay. Villa Serenity would be approx 20/25 min ride into Cruz Bay. Please realize, each drive offers wonderful views and should not be considered a "commute".

When deciding between the 2 villas, decide exactly what it is you are looking to do most of while you are on your honeymoon. Are you more into going to beaches, romance at your villa or spending time in town? If you are going to be visiting the North Shore Beaches such as Honeymoon, Jumbie, Trunk or Francis, to name a few, chances are you are going to drive through town to get to them from the Klein Bay area. If staying at Villa Serenity, you will be more centrally located, being away fom the "hustle" of town and will be able to visit the more deserted beaches such as Lameshur, Salt Pond and Leinster within a 30 min drive and still make it into Cruz Bay for dinner or dinner in Coral Bay.

When speaking of location only, as I have never been inside of either villa, I would pick the Francis Bay location. Reasoning is that we stay on St John for 2 weeks at a pop and we prefer the "out of the way" villas picking view over amenities. We usually visit one beach daily and are able to hit all of our favorites. However, if we were there for only a week, I would elect to be closer to beaches than to town.

Hope this helps more than confuses.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

This is wonderful advice...I have decided to stay in Francis Bay!!! In July!! It was already booked in June (my villa).

Thanks....I wish I were on Francis Bay right now!!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Sorry...it should have said it the title of this post, "Francis Bay..too far for a first timer from Cruz Bay??"

I have been in a frenzy lately so typo went unnoticed.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 09:20 AM

What villa did you ultimately end up renting and from who?
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Jectac...

I ended up renting the Serenity Villa through Caribbeanvilla.com and this was handled through my travel agency. I wrote a check to my travel agency for the deposit and then they sent an "agency check" to the caribbean villa people.