JUST RTD FROM ST. THOMAS

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 06:32 AM
donna

JUST RTD FROM ST. THOMAS

If anyone has any questions, I took terrific notes.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 04:19 AM
John

My wife and I will be staying at the Ritz Carlton next month. We've been to St. Thomas before (7 years ago) and would like an update on reccomended restaurants, etc.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 07:01 AM
lisa

I am getting married at the Wyndam Sugar Bay the last week of June.I would appreciate any info. on the resort, snorkeling and/or can't miss activities. Thanks !

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 05:25 AM
greenie

why dont you post a trip report? <BR>

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 07:24 AM
Parrot Mom

Hi=-stayed at the Wyndom in Feburary for a week... at the time they were bringing in entertainment director...there were several weddings on the beach while we were there..the beach is not much to look at--most people went to MeghansBay, but I thought beaches on St. Johns were far better. Write me for more info...

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 11:38 AM
donna

To Greenie: the reason why I don't post a trip report is because some people in this forum might get offended from my honesty, and for some people, that could be a dissapointment.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 12:46 PM
Karen

I have a file on the "in's" and "outs" of St. Thomas. You can e-mail me and I will be happy to send it to you ... everyone has their own preferences, experiences and opinions ... and it is good to share the differences! After all, if we all liked the same, the island might sink or we could never get a reservation! I don't like Banana Tree Grille or the prices @ Romano's for medicore (in my opinion) Italian food ... but lots of others do ... and that's okay! Post your report!

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 12:10 PM
donna

just bringing it back up.

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 09:51 PM
LizO

Donna, I'll be going to St. Thomas as a stop on a cruise. Out of your experience there, what are the top 3 sites you suggest to see for a one day stay that may capture the "essence" of St. Thomas?

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 03:04 PM
gina

My husband and I (and 3 year old) are considering St. Thomas. I would appreciate any info. you can provide. Please feel free to be honest as we are also considering Aruba. We are considering the Renaissance Grande Resort on St. Thomas. Do you happen to know anything about the resort? Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:14 AM
Jay Frank

Donna, <BR> <BR>You wrote: <BR> <BR>"To Greenie: the reason why I don't post a trip report is because some people in this forum might get offended from my honesty, and for some people, that could be a dissapointment." <BR> <BR>The comment left me feeling a little confused and a little offended. I guess I'd like to know what you meant. <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:30 AM
donna

Hi Gina - how ironic - that's where we stayed(RGBR). I would not recommend the hotel or the island. Go to Aruba and stay at the Marriot. You won't be sorry. <BR> <BR>To Jay - What I meant is, I don't post my opinions for the general public to see so as not to cause a rukus. That does sometimes happen in this forum. <BR> <BR>Caio!

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 09:50 AM
Lisa

I posted a note above that I was going to St. Thomas and staying at the Wyndam in June.Well I am back and the trip was wonderful !!! I would recommend both St. Thomas and St. John to everyone. The resort was all-inclusive and I can not say enough about the nice facilities, pool, staff, food,location,wedding and views of other islands. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 09:50 AM
Lisa

I posted a note above that I was going to St. Thomas and staying at the Wyndam in June.Well, I am back and the trip was wonderful !!! I would recommend both St. Thomas and St. John to everyone. The resort was all-inclusive and I can not say enough about the nice facilities, pool, staff, food,location,wedding and views of other islands. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Old Jul 26th, 1999, 01:40 PM
tru

The Ritz is beautiful, but there are lots of other very lovely resorts on St. Thomas with great beaches, including the Renaissance, Sapphire and Frenchman's Reef/Morningstar. For dinner try the Old Stone Farmhouse at Mahogany Run -- a real 200-year old farmhouse in the country, Cafe Wahoo, Craig and Sally's, Alexander's, Blue Moon Cafe. Just a short ferry trip away in St. John is Asolare, a great restaurant. Staying a week or a day, you should visit Charlotte Amalie, not so much for shopping, but to see the old streets and lovely Danish colonial architecture (check out Haagenson House -- recently renovated old town house that's now a museum and Ft. Christian), visit Coral World, and take an island drive (but don't stop at Drake's seat -- the view of Magens Bay and the down islands is spectacular, but the T-shirt vendors really detract from it -- you could go up to Mountaintop (free) or the St. Peter Greathouse (admission charge) for the views).

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 07:25 PM
MCV

For our overnight stay in St. Thomas (to do a little shopping on the way home from St. John), we stayed in the Simmonds House Inn. It is a simple, historic, lovely home in the heart of Charlotte Amalie which dates from the mid-1800's. Phone:340-776-7776. It was a clean and relaxing environment -- quite different from an impersonal mega-resort. The family who manage it are very helpful and friendly. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>