Reload this Page >

Just returned from St. Thomas....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 07:56 AM
markl

My fiance and I just returned from St. THomas and we travelled all around the island. Any questions?

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 06:22 PM
Rand

Do you think St. Thomas would be suitable for an xmas vacation, with kids, ages 13 and 11? We have between Dec. 15 and 31 for school break this year and were wondering about whether this would be a good idea this time of year. Where did you stay in St. Thomas or can you make a recommendation? <BR> <BR>Thank you in advance, <BR>Rand

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 03:37 AM
Karen

There are many families who vacation during the Holidays on STT. There are many options depending on your budget and if you want a "resort" or villa/condo with the option of fixing some meals and snacks. Do know of one person who got a great "deal" at the Marriott's Reef/Morningstar for the family for that same period but there are many options including resorts that have units with full kitchens.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 06:34 AM
Karen

Karen: <BR>Planning a family trip to St.Thomas end of June ~Beg.of July. Considering staying at the Marriott Morning Star Beach Resort. My two daughters ~19 & 13 do not want to be bored. Do you think this is a good choice? How are the rooms ~ spacious? Appreciate you help. <BR>Thanks <BR>Mark ~ [email protected]

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Teresa

What did you find most interesting - we are traveling there in June with our two teen age daughters. My husband and I plan to golf at least one day - what would be fun for the girls. Also, I keep reading that it is unsafe and worried about leaving my girls by themselves when we are playing golf, etc.. they are 17 and 15 - Do you think they would be okay if staying behind at the Renaissance Grand Beach resort during the day?

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 10:21 AM
Mark

Can someone out there please help me...Very confused if doing the right thing in taking my family to STT. <BR>Thanks

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 10:04 PM
Mike

Mark, I wouldn't take my family to that slummy, disgusting island for all the tea in China! If you have the patience to go to Maui instead, I would definitely do that!!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Karen

Here we go again! But Mike's views are are quite prejudicial to say the least. STT can offer a good experience and does for thousands of people. As for the girls being left alone only you know your girls and what they are likely to do when you are not around. If they are content to stay by the pool or on the beach and not to get into "mischief," I would not worry but I understand your concerns and would not have them go exploring on their own! I certainly would not avoid STT based on the "rumors," misinformation and remarks by one poster who had a miserable time and found out that it wasn't Hawaii ... duh!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 10:27 AM
caribtraveler

Have been to both STT and St. John. I much prefer STJ. In my opinion, the beaches are nicer (and more plentiful), the scenery more lush and beautiful and free of the hassles of STT (e.g. the constant flow of cruise ship passengers, traffic, the endless chain of fast food places, the barkers on the streets of Charlotte Amalie). STJ is more laid back and to myself felt safer than STT. It really depends on the type of vacation you are looking for. Cruz Bay in STJ is very small but still has some great shops and wonderful dining options. Most are very casual. STT felt like one jewelry store after another followed by one duty free alcohol store after another. My recommendation is to make STJ your base. From there you can easily explore STT (if you want to) and the BVI's. STT is not a dump but I do feel that it is not the best choice given the surrounding options.

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 11:56 AM
Mark

Thanks all for your responses. It looks like I need to do alittle more homework. <BR>Thanks again.

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Sheila

I will be honeymooning in St. Thomas in June and will be staying at The Wyndham Sugar Bay. Has anyone ever stayed there before? How was the hotel? <BR> <BR>What are some "must sees" in the area? I do plan on visiting St. John while we're there. <BR> <BR>Thanks.