Just returned from Curacao....

Nov 30th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Just returned from Curacao....

We returned very late Friday night after 12 fabulous nights in Curacao. We stayed at the Marriott for 8 nights, Kura Hulanda for 3 nights, and Sunset Waters for 1 night.

If anyone has any questions that I can answer feel free.

Nancy
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:28 PM

Hi Nancy,

Would love to see a trip report posted...
Dec 1st, 2003, 09:00 PM

Which was your favorite day/night and why?
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:39 AM

I am considering Sunset Waters for a vacation. How did you like your short time there? Would you go back?
Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:25 AM

I'm interested in the kura Hulanda.. What type room did you have, what was the rate, and how was the location??? Was it walking distance to restaurants/shops??

THanks
Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:41 AM

We are going to the Marriott in Jan. Can you please give advice on the building and rooms that are closest to the beach. We requested an oceanfront, their reservation came back as an oceanview so I am not sure if that is their term for oceanfront. Is there a building that is better than others. Any other tips you might have on the property would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:58 PM

People...I think nfahey has left the building.
Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

Sorry everyone! I'm here--just very behind at work after being off for 2 weeks. I'll respond tonight. Thanks for your patience.

Nancy
Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:23 PM

Oh goody! I wuz rong.
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

To makai1:

I will post a trip report for another another heading.

Thanks.
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

To atticus:

We really didn't have a favorite day/nite. My husband and I just enjoyed spending time together. We enjoyed the pool & beach and not having to rush any where. My hubby commutes 2 hours one way to Philly usually 3-4 times per week, so we just enjoy seeing each other.

Thanks for asking!

Nancy
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

To TurquoiseWaters:

We were suppose to stay at Sunset Waters for four nights, but after the first day we transferred to the Kura Hulanda.

Sunset Waters was not what we had expected, especially after reading all the reviews on tripadvisor.com. The staff was very nice and was willing to do anything for you, but the resort is literally in the middle of no where and the rooms are in despirate need of remodeling. Just as example of how nice the staff is, even after we told them we were leaving they offered to drive us to our new hotel. Can you even imagine that.

I think Sunset Waters is more for people who are big divers b/c of the location and don't really care how the room looks.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Marriott for a beach resort. The Kura Hulanda has fabulous service (and food), but the draw back is you have to take a shuttle to their beach.

If you have anymore question, please feel free.

Nancy
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

To Melody13:

My husband and I were there w/ our mothers for the first few days of the trip, so we got to see 2 different types of rooms. The first was a Deluxe room with 2 double beds where our mothers stayed. The rooms had marble tile floors and two marble sinks in the bathroom. The bathrooms were huge and measured approximately 14x17. The bathroom had a old fashioned claw foot tub in the middle of the room.

My husband and I had a junior suite. It had a king bed, a sitting area w/ a love seat, a table and chairs and a desk. The bathroom was not as large. It was approximately 8x12 w/ only one sink. It also did not have the claw foot tub.

Servcie at the Kura was impeccable. If you don't mind taking a shuttle to the beach it's a great place to stay. It is w/in walking distance of the downtown area (shopping) and many good restaurants.

If you have any other questions, feel free.

Nancy
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

To kathe:

The Marriott was by far our favorite property b/c of the beach location and the friendliness of the staff. The pool area is breath taking. I'm not sure if the buildings have names so I really cannot advise you on that. They were sold out when we were there.

Portifino had fabulous food w/ terrific service. I highly recommend eating there at least once.

A word of advise to everyone who plans on going to Curacao. Be very careful and check you receipts before signing anything. I had several businesses try to overcharge us for things. It happened too many times to be just an unfortunate mistake.

I hope you have a great trip and if you have specific questions, feel free.

Nancy