Reload this Page >

Just got back from Eleuthera

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2000, 10:12 AM
Leslie

Just spent a great week on Eleuthera Island in a wonderful home on the water on Winding Bay. <BR> <BR>Would love to try and answer any questions for anyone planning a trip!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Judy

My husband and I are looking for a 1 bedroom home on the beach on Eleuthera . Prefer quiet & no crowds on the beach. Haven't been to this island and would love your input. Thanks

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:39 AM
Emily

Leslie: I have lots of questions. When is the best time of year in Eleuthera? What was the home like that you stayed in? Is it easy to get around? Did you rent a car? Are there good restaurants? What activities are there? Thanks for your help!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Robyn

Hi Leslie: <BR> <BR>I would also like to know how you GOT to the island (I understand it can take a few transfers). Thanks.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 12:45 PM
joan

Well, since Leslie has not responded, I will: just returned 5/30 from 1 week in Eleuthera. Best time of year if you want to swim is summer. The weather is similar to Florida, winter would be lovely and sunny but too cool for swimming. The home we rented was a one bedroom cottage complete with linens and kitchen supplies...you can see it on www.vacationspot.com. It is called Calypso. A rental car is a must. The island is 100 miles long, one or two miles wide, with three airports, (be sure to fly into the right one). The roads are not bad for outside US...potholed in the little villages, fine outside. there was much damage from Hurricane Floyd, in the way of road deterioration, foliage, roofs. Activities include snorkeling, diving, etc, bonefishing, hiking, I think there's one golf course. The beaches are gorgeous, plentiful, pink & deserted! Getting to the island is easy: fly to Miami, take a one-hour flight over to Eleuthera. We found $298 air from Tampa through Travelocity. Restaurants were NOT plentiful, except in Harbour Island ( a day trip unless you stay there), most featured homemade conch items. We cooked (brought a cooler with steak & shrimp) and went to lunch alot! We loved it! <BR>Any more questions? <BR>Joan