Search

Just back from Nevis

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Robrook

Just back from Nevis

Just back from 5 days on Nevis. Had a wonderful time. Stayed at Montpelier which was excellent. Also had some great meals at Bananas, Beachcombers, Cooperage and of course, Sunshines. There is no lack of great cuisine on Nevis!

What impressed me most about Nevis is how friendly the locals are. There is a feeling of safety and security.

I also enjoyed the "old world" feel of the hotels and inns.

Took a great snorkel/sail trip on the Caona. Also did two great hikes -- one at Golden Rock and one to Saddle Hill.

Montpelier has a great beach property -- very peaceful and pretty.

All in all: a great holiday. I highly recommend Nevis!

Old May 30th, 2004, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree - the people on Nevis were the friendliest we ever encountered on any Caribbean island. The food was great too, we stayed at Nisbet Plantation and food, service and everything else was wonderful. For these last few years we have been going to Anguilla - people there are also friendly but nit as friendly as on Nevis!
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM

Robrook, I'm thinking about Nevis for a future trip. How was getting there? Where did you originate? How long did it take? Thank for your reply.

Greenie
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:56 AM

Robrook; My wife and I stayed at the Golden Rock last summer. Enjoyed the short hike, which began at the GR. Did you see the monkeys that visited Golden Rock each day we were there? Robert
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Robrook

Greenie: We flew from Toronto on Air Canada to Antigua and then LIAT to Nevis. Very smooth. Everyone on time and no lost luggage. (Our luggage was even checked through to Nevis.) The flight from Antigua to Nevis is 30 minutes.

I hear that you can also fly from San Juan to Nevis on American Eagle, some folks were doing it that way.

Robert: Yes, we saw lots of monkeys, near Golden Rock, mostly on the road that leads to the hotel. Golden Rock was my first choice but unfortunately the inn was completely booked that week with a special group. It looked amazing though!