Reload this Page >

Just back from Negril--not all-inclusive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 08:25 PM
Kristin

Would be happy to answer questions---we loved our trip to Negril!!

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 12:59 PM
Lori

I'd love to hear about your trip. We are going in June and are staying at Tensing Pen on the cliffs. Overall what did you think of Negril. Also, my biggest question is did you get to any of the other neighboring towns. We'd love to rent a motorcycle or moped, but heard it can be a bit hairy. Your comments and experiences appreciated.

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 10:39 AM
Kristin

Hi Lori, we loved Negril. We didn't want to do the all-inclusive because we wanted to explore on our own. We basically love just doing the beach and the ocean during spring break, so we didn't get out of Negril on a moped or anything. Some people we met took a moped to some nearby falls, and actually, anyone I talked to that took an excursion outside of Negril wasn't totally thrilled with the time it took to get there, and they weren't thrilled with the sight. I guess there are a couple of falls in the area (it seems everyone's trip took 1.5 to 2 hours one-way). We ate at several different places along the beach, did all of the watersports, walked the beach, enjoyed the reggae concerts at night, and simply RELAXED. We also LOVED all of the Jamaican people we met. Don't know much about the Cliff area---just sailed past it on a sailing excursion. Our hotel was on the 7-mile beach. Feel free to e-mail if you want more info.

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 11:23 AM
Leila

Please tell us, where did you stay, and where were the reggae concerts you saw? Planning a trip now, and dont want to do the all inclusive thing again. Please tell me the places for nightlife. Thank you.

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 07:56 PM
Kristin

We stayed at the Cocolapalm resort right in the middle of the 7-mile beach. It was clean, and VERY nice. They have a great web-page, if you keep clicking, you'll eventually see pix of the rooms and floor-plans. cocolapalm.com The reggae concerts were free along the beach. One thing not mentioned in the brochures or the website is the fact that the shower in the King-Junior Suite is HUGE and it has 2 shower heads!! Great room, great bathroom, food at the main restaurant as well as the beach grill was very good. We were very happy with our room, but people who hadn't booked a Junior King Suite weren't as thrilled so asked to be moved. Everything was clean, they just wanted a bigger, nicer room.