Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just back from Club St.Lucia/Ladera......2 weeks in Paradise. Any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:14 AM
Lonya Reid

Just back from a very romantic, rustic and spectacular two week honeymoon. At Ladera we stayed in room 's' - a truly spectacular view of the pitons. An unremarkable resort that I highly recommend. I'll post a trip report soon. In the meantime, any questions?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:18 AM
igor

Is Club St.Lucia and Ladera the same thing?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:21 AM
Lonya

No....Club St. Lucia is an all-inclusive resort in a northern area of St. Lucia called Cap Estate. Ladera resort is located in the south, nestled up in the mountains overlooking the two Pitons.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:23 AM
igor

Do you think that if you skipped Club <BR>St.Lucia, your experience would be more <BR>enjoyable?

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 08:34 AM
Ray

Did your room have a fridge in it? <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 09:35 AM
lonya

Yes

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 10:50 AM
Julie

Hi Lonya, Did you fly in to the southern airport and have to take a taxi to Club St. Lucia? How long did it take if that is what you did. We are flying into the south and our first stop is Wyndam Morgan Bay in the north and then we go to Ladera. is the airport far from Ladera? Thanks Julie

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 08:45 AM
lonya

Hi Julie, <BR> <BR>We took a taxi from Hewannora in the south and it took about 1hr 30min. The drive from Ladera to Hewannora was about 45minutes. And I have to say, the drive is enough to make anyone car sick with its hairpin turns and bumpy rides. <BR> <BR>The ride from the airport to Wyndam is not that appealing. Don't worry though, it is the worst scenery on the island. The ride from Ladera to the airport is quite lovely and scenic. We very much enjoyed seeing the atlantic side. <BR> <BR>You'll have an excellent time. <BR>