Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just back from 2 weeks in Barbados, anyone have any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Coolwind

Hi Folks - We just came back from a wonderful, active 2 week Barbados soujourn. If we can answer any questions. we's love to. We were of the "traveler mindset". Did lots of adventureing, horseback riding, swimming with sea turtles and no meals over $200 Bajun! ( yet we ate well!) Also, we stayed at Co-conut Court Beach Hotel.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 04:59 AM
juli

Hi, <BR> <BR>I am going to St. Lucia in April and I'm planning to take a hopper to Barbados. My boyfriend surfs and want to catch a few waves. We will have about 12 hours to spend there. Is there anything that I shouldn't miss and could you give me the info on a great place to horse back ride. Is there anyplace where we don't have to have a guide? Any info would be great! <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Juli

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 11:21 AM
Kate

I'll be there in March for a week. Any cool boat trips (swim w/turtles? excellent!) or hiking excursions you'd recommend? Any "must-see" things to do? We're active too, so anything you can recommend (or not), we'd appreciate it!

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 11:56 AM
Bob

Hi, <BR> <BR>My wife and I are going to Barbados in March. Last year, we had a fabulous vacation in Anguilla. We're a fairly sedate couple, interested in the beach during the day and great food at night. Any restaurant recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We'll be staying at Royal Pavillion.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 06:15 PM
Natali

We plan to go there but we are afraid it might be expensive. Do you think we can live with a budget of $100 US per day? Thank. <BR>Natali from Montreal.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 10:25 AM
Nicole

I'm possibly thinking of going here for my honeymoon in July, and staying at the Coconut Creek Club Hotel.. You had plenty to do and had fun? WE are adventurers and want to be sure that there is plenty to do.. Everything I read looks great, and we are going for 10 days..

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Chris

Hi, <BR>Going to Barbados in October - can you recommend any beaches that we should make sure to go to? Thanks! <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:01 AM
Stephen

I'm going to Barbados in March for a working vacation. I'm teaching tennis at the Coral Reef Club on the Platinum Coast. I will be free every day until 4 pm, and am looking for some exciting day trips into the country for some hiking. Can you give me some tips and shed some light on the night scene in Bridgetown, as I will also be spending three nights there. Thanks.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 04:13 PM
pam

Boat Trips - Small cats ( will take you to turtles & a very good snorkelling spot). Lovely cruise! <BR>Harbor master (family oriented party boat), Jolly Roger (adult oriented party boat), Tiami - and there are lots more! All of these serve buffet lunch & pretty much unlimited booze. warning - they mix VERY strong drinks here! Be advised, the area for the turtles is not the clearest water, but we were in winter & visibility is better in summer. Also, don't expect 20-30. more like 2 - 3 - they are pretty solitary critters. Our son was able to pet them! <BR> <BR>Hiking - The national trust does 2 hour Sunday hikes. Highland Tours does day long hikes with pick-up, drop-off, lunch. Around $55-$60. You can just up & go on your won - Bathsheba & walk the coast to the north. Also, get off the beach & further inland in this same area - its like Ireand or Scotland with palm trees! <BR> <BR>LOTS!!!! to do & see - harrisons cave, Welchman hall Gully, Andromeda gardens, Barbados Wildlife preserve, Farley hill nat'l park, Flower Forest, lots of plantations, Barbados museum. Don't miss a weekend night at Oistins Fish Fry & then head to St. Lawrence gap & pub hop. Also, baxters rd. in Bridgetown. You will not be bored! <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 07:13 AM
hazel

<BR>What was Coconut Court hotel like? it seems reasonable.