Reload this Page >

Aruba: LaCabana, Holiday Inn, Scuba Diving - need info please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2000, 09:39 AM
Becky

My husband, son and I are considering a trip to Aruba in March. The best deals so far seem to be for the Holiday Inn and La Cabana. Also, both offer an all-inclusive plan. We are mainly interested in relaxing on the beach, snorkeling and scuba diving. We don't care for night life as we just want to rest and enjoy the natural beauty of the island. Does anyone have any recommendations about where would be the best place for us to have this kind of vacation? Many thanks in advance. <BR>Becky

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:46 AM
cb

Our family of 4 stayed at the Holiday Inn, and found it to be a good deal for the money. We did not do all-inclusive, preferred to try different places to eat. We rented a car for 1 day to sightsee the whole island. Other times, we took a bus to Oranjestad and back. You can walk the long stretch of beach in front of the high-rise hotels.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 04:13 AM
Rob

We stayed at the Holiday Inn during carnival and the solar eclipse the other year and found the A.L. of great value. When the charge for a beer at the beach bar is $4/5 U.S. it adds up pretty quick. Since we prepaid in Canada in Can $, it worked out very well since it only cost us approx $5k for two people for two weeks and the food wasn't reasonably good. But at that price you could still go out and sample some of Aruba's best eating places.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 04:16 AM
Rob

Can't you tell it's too early for me and I need more coffee!!!!! The previous post should have said A.I. and that the food wasn't too bad at all! <BR>Sorry about that

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 12:55 PM
Karen

Just got back from Aruba, stayed at the Bucuti and loved it over all others because of its wide and uncrowded beach. This hotel is small (only about 65 units)and is not all inclusive. Found some great deals on Holiday Inn but read many bad reviews (Check www.caribbeanopinion.com). La Cabana is a very large resort and you have to cross the street to go to the beach. The beach in front of Holiday Inn was disappointing compared to Eagle Beach at the Bucuti. We were told that all beaches suffered erosion. We were told the beach in front of the Bucuti used to be a football field wider. That was hard to imagine because it is so wide now. Restaurant cuisine was wonderful wherever we dined. Dinner for two, without alcohol, runs about $100.