June vacation trip for guys

Old May 14th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June vacation trip for guys

We are planning a short notice vacation from June 6- 16.
My friends and I(4 of us) are looking for some suggestions. Thinking about Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Aruba,St. Martin etc. Looking for something new besides Mexico(been in Cancun couple times)
We are in our late 20 to early 30 years old, and although we are not college kids anymore we would like places with some nice bars/clubs and girls(local or vacationing like us) to party a bit. Probably a resort with not too many families with kids around. Nice beaches; lots of stuff to do around would be a plus. Our budget is up to 2k per person.

Thank you in advance!
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to say it is a 10 day trip
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to say it is a 10 day trip
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:48 AM

i'd suggest negril, jamaica. has a great beach that you can walk to visit the various bars & restaurants. has a really fun vibe. excursions to rum or coffee factories, river float or waterfall trips, boats to the reef for snorkeling. there is a sunset party Every evening at
http://rickscafejamaica.com/
you can stay at ricks but it's not on the beach - taxi between ricks & beach.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM

I would recommend Aruba - Palm Beach area. The Radisson and Hyatt are very nice and sit on a great, lively beach.

St. Martin is another good option.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM

I also think Negril, Aruba or St Martin are good options. So is Barbados. St Lucia has nightlife around Rodney Bay, with lots of bars and restaurants.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:04 AM

I think 10 days in Aruba would become dull we have been going to aruba for a few years and although a safe friendly island it can be quiet in the summer. I would try st. martin or Barbados, never been to Jamaica. You need to think in terms of 10 days. Jamaica would probably offer a lot of activites and choices for that time frame.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM

I'm in agreement with everyone else. I haven't been to the DR but I've been to the other destinations on your list. Lots to do in Jamaica so that's probably my first choice for 10 days. Aruba is generally lively, but I've never been in the summer. The Dutch side of St. Maarten has the nightlife and more affordable lodging and eating choices (the French side is Euro-based while the Dutch side is US $). Spend your days on Orient Beach (French side) and then head back to the Dutch side to party and sleep. St. Lucia also has a lot to do but definitely stay in Rodney Bay. Barbados could also work but it's probably a little pricier than your other choices.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM

San Juan is a good choice for you I think. I went there for the first time a few months ago and really enjoyed it. There is a such a range of hotel and restaurant options in a variety of price ranges. There is great nightlife, some history and beautiful architecture ( Old San Juan), decent beaches and plenty of other places to explore around the island. San Juan is not a place for a big resort type of vacation but if you want to explore the island, enjoy great night life, eat some good food, hang out at the beach and meet lots of people I think San Juan is the place.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:11 PM

One more thing, if you consider San Juan I would look to stay in Condado as it offers the best access to numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance to most hotels.