Jumby Bay Rates

Old May 26th, 2004, 01:10 PM
bosco

Jumby Bay Rates

Does anyone know if the rack rates for Jumby Bay listed on their website are accurate? Based on the post of lower rates referenced under the Jumby Bay Honeymoon post, I thought I'd check it out. The site lists rack rates in thr $475 to $500 range, yet if you click on the 7-night package (which includes almost everything in the inclusive package), it works out to around $950 per night (for the Courtyard Suite). Our rates (from our recent trip) were in the higher range, so I'm curious if this is a misprint. Also, their brochure lists summer rates in the 700-950 range.

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be making my first vist to Jumby this November; consequently, I am not much of an expert on this resort. Upon first glance, the posted prices can seem overwhelming. However, if you consider that 3 meals plus gratuities daily, along with drinks at a luxury Caribbean Resort can easily cost #100 - $150+ per person and a day snorkeling trip approximately $100/person is also included, the price becomes more realistic. Once there, there is no need for extra cash, unless you buy souvineers.

My first visit to the Caribbean was a real sticker shick at the extra costs for food and day trips. Therefore, the daily price quites for all inclusive Jumby Bay, is no too far different from the total costs at another deluxe hotel.

Hope this helps a little. A Caribbean honeymoon is a dream memory you will always have and remember.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:47 AM

A recent change in the rate structure at JB seems to be that there are now some lower priced rooms than there have been in the past. These are apparently the small rondavel rooms (smaller than they were up until last year), but I'm not sure if the standard rooms in the Pond Bay House (the other lowest priced rooms in the past) have changed.

Dianebridle is correct, though, in pointing out that if you were at Carlisle Bay or some other higher end resort, you'd be eating/drinking over $100 per person per day (conservatively) which is already included at Jumby Bay. So Somewhere over $200/day (easily $400/day for big eaters and drinkers) is hidden in the room charge.

Regardless, Jumby Bay is not cheap.
But keep one other thing in mind. There are very few resorts in the world which allow you the kind of privacy and carefree (no crime risk, etc) atmosphere which Jumby provides. And the cost of providing this private island environment is spread over a relatively small number of guests. This is no Atlantis resort.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
bosco

Thanks. I guess I was just trying to find out in the rates posted on the website are accurate. I just returned from Jumby and was told that the rates were between 700 and 950 per night in the summer season (including the new rondavel rooms). I was also provided with a printed brochure that showed the rates in this same range. Yet the rack rates are not consistent with the brochure.

Old May 27th, 2004, 05:34 AM

The rack rates listed on Jumby Bay website are per person. The 7-night packages assume two adults, so that is why it is double the price of the rack rates.
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:53 AM
bosco

OK. Makes sense now. Thought I was crazy for a second. Thanks for the clarification.

Old May 27th, 2004, 11:30 AM

Bosco: I should have been more explicit in my explanation because I ran across the same thing you did ("Why are the rates so much cheaper at the low end?").

The rondavels are now in 2 different price categories--suites and standard. The suites are similar in price to the Courtyard Suites. The standard rooms are smaller thann the old rondavel standard rooms. They were reduced in size during the winter.
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:17 PM
bosco

Thanks travleis. That makes sense. We stayed in one of the new rondavel suites and the rates were close to that of the Courtyard. I haven't seen the standard rondavels, but the suites were beautiful.