Reload this Page >

Jost Van Dyke vs. Virgin Gorda

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Ian

We are honeymooning in St John for 7 days, then we will have 2 extra days to stay where ever. I am trying to decide between White Bay Villas on Jost Van Dyke or Paradise Beach on Virgin Gorda? Where would yall recommend?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:20 PM
deb

I'd recommend Virgin Gorda - personally I think it is one of the most beautiful (if not the most) places I've ever seen. We're heading back next for a week. Can't wait!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:27 PM
binthere

White Bay is gorgeous too. Idyllic, romantic, peaceful. Why not one day and night at each place?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Linda

You can take a ferry from VG to Tortola west end, then one over to Jost. VG has lots more to see and do- Jost is just an incredible beach island with a few lively bars.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Joe

We stayed at White Bay Villas last spring. The view is fantastic. The villa was disappointing for the price. Can get much better for the price.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:26 AM
island

where in st. john are you going? we are looking for a honeymoon site as well<BR>does anyone know anything about nail bay on virgin gorda? as much info would be appreciated.<BR>joe-- you stayed at white bay villas and did not like it. where would you stay?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:43 AM
Joe

Don't get me completely wrong about the villas. The view is to-die-for but that's about all you get. We stayed in one of the Sunset villas and toured the other and the Plantation Villa. The Plantation villa is pretty cool if you want something large. The sunset villas are close together and not at all as private as the owner claims. You will want to keep the doors/shutters open to get a breeze and the neighbors can see right in. Balconies are not private. The beds were the most uncomfortable and the upkeep of the place was less then expected… not as clean as one would expect… stains on the walls and floors and on the bedding. Lots of little things could be done to make the place more worth the $$. I've heard the new places are very-very small. <BR><BR>If going to Jost again, I'd stay at Sandcastle or check out the Pink House. Also heard that Foxy's son has a house/villa for rent on the hill overlooking WB. <BR><BR>Sandcastle has great breakfast.<BR><BR>NAIL BAY - We're staying there in just a few weeks for a couple nights. <BR><BR>Did you check out Guavaberry?<BR><BR>Go to Traveltalkonline.com. <BR>

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM
Joe again

The most disappointing part of the villas was that the owner and manager "sold" the place as private... "can dance naked on the balconies if you want without anyone seeing"... Not that dancing naked on the balcony was a high priority but their website and their comments are very misleading and I think for the price you should get a better quality and please get the stains our or buy new bedding.