Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Any Carib Islands have Hotel Picture Websites like Cancunmx.com has?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Dolores

<BR>Those hotel/beach pictures that can be found on Cancunmx.com are a great help!<BR><BR>Do you know if any of the Caribbean islands have any websites showing their hotels/beaches also?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:55 PM
jesse

try applevacations.com. Pick on sizziling specials. Choose Chicago or NY as your home base. When it pulls up the names and prices of the packages click on the name. Then you will see a camera which is the photo gallery, click on it. Many pics of the hotels and beaches.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:55 PM
jesse

Here is an example:<BR>http://applevacations.com/jsp/destin...telCode=200093

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:57 PM
tweedy

Dolores, alot of hotels now have pictures on the web. If you go to www.where2stay.com you can look up lots of islands and see pictures of various resorts.<BR><BR>Our favorite hotel is at www.runawayhill.com take a peak.<BR><BR>Have a great time planning your trip.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:44 AM
robert

check www.travelhop.com<BR>great VR shots

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Dolli

Are there any resorts or islands in particular that you have in mind?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:14 AM
Dolores

I would have in mind some of the islands that seem to be the big favorites ... Gr. Cayman, Anguilla, Aruba, St. Martin, Kitts/Nevis, out islands of Bahamas, etc. I've been to some of these but cruise tours don't seem to take the roads that go by pretty hotels/beaches, I've noticed. Good examples would be Antigua, Grenada, St. Lucia. Some people rave about these places but what I saw was nothing outstanding, must be the dull cruise tour routes. Would you agree?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:53 AM
Kim

www.sandals.com

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:58 AM
Cheri

Hi Delores, Generally if you type in the name of the island and the word "hotels" and do a search, you will come up with plenty of different websites. That's how I've always done my research and for any island, I can usually come up with lots of hotels or travel agencies with photos and prices.<BR><BR>It's hard to get a feel of an island just by day tripping off a cruise ship. If you're going to do that, you're better off getting into a taxi and asking the driver to take you to the best beach or shopping area or local points of interest. It seems that the cruise ships always recommend the same touristy places and the hoards of people all head in the same direction.