Jost Van Dyke from STJ

Old Apr 30th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jost Van Dyke from STJ

Hello! Does anyone know how to get from STJ to Yost Van Dyke for a day trip, and how much cost, and how long of a trip it is? My bf and I are leaving for STJ in 2 days!

Thanks!
Sarah
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:45 AM

50 dollars round trip and only on Fri Sat Sun.
http://www.stjohnusvi.com/ferry.html

check the above link for Cruz Bay ferry Info.
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:51 AM

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/in...t%20Van%20Dyke

Here is the link to the ferry schedules. We have done this every trip to STJ and it is the most economical way unless you want to do a more expensive day trip with snorkeling etc. It is $50pp including customs fees. I don't remember exactly how long it takes, but I think the web site says about 30 minutes. It doesn't feel long at all, the scenery is so beautiful. A couple of times we had to clear customs in West End, Tortola so that added a little extra time.

Once you get to Great Harbor where the ferry lets you off, there will be taxis waiting. You can grab one for $5pp each way to beautiful White Bay. I recommend arranging for a pick up to get back to the ferry. It leaves on time at 3:00pm. If you go this route, you will have about 5 hours to just hang out on Jost. The Ferry only runs Fri-Sat-Sun. It also leaves from the National Park Dock, not the one you come into STJ on.

There are also multiple day trips to The BVI's. It just depends on what type of day you are interested in. We are trying Lion in da Sun this time doing a private full day charter. We are able to share with two other couples to defray the cost though. How long will you be there? We will be on the island May 10th-17th. Where are you staying?
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! It looks like we will just miss eachother! We are going from May 3rd-9th..we are staying at Caneel. We don't have a ton of $$ but the last time we did a vaca was 3 yrs ago, so we try to make each trip really special!
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM

Brenda is right, if you take the ferry it is more economical AND you get to be there all day (as opposed to a day trip stop). You can do whatever you please while there and not adhere to the excursions itinerary!! I think it leaves JVD to go back at 3 pm, but by then you may have had too many painkillers anyway
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:12 PM

We took a catamaran trip from the Westin out to JVD. I think it cost about $100/pp and that included as much beverages alcohol and non-alcohol as you wanted. The trip starts about 8:30 and lasted until 5 p.m. so it was a whole day. A snorkeling stop was also included. We stopped at Foxy's for lunch and spent most of the afternoon at White Bay where all the beach bars are. The great part about the catamaran trip was that the sailing was fun and relaxing. It took about an hour and a half each way. Also, you could look into New Horizons trip which will take you to 4 BVI's including Virgin Gorda and JVD if you want to get more islands for your buck.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM

tux
that sounds like a great trip as well, a little more time there!!
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks we went to Yost yesterday It was very easy to take the ferry from Cruz Bay. It was a great island