Jewel Dunn's River Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2011, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at a 5 day vacay for my anniversary in May at Jewel Dunn's river resort and looking for input. This resort was formerly a Sandals which closed in june 2010. I believe Sandals had two properties inthe Ocho Rios/Dunn"s River area dn decided to expand one and make it bigger and close the smaller one. The resort was then purchased in august, renovated and r-opened as the Jewel Dunn"s River resort in December of 2010 so there are not a whole lot of reviews out there on this one. Resort is still adults only (but not couples only) and appears really nice in the pictires. However, the prices jsut seem too good to be true. I am wondering are the prices low becasue resort is not that great or because they are trying to bring business and get some adverstising/reviews out there with the new name. Like Sandals they have regulr rooms and "concierge level" rooms which include in room bar and room service at no extra pric eif you ar ein these rooms. The porice I foudn for 4 nights/5days in concierge level room was $900/person and htis includes rountrip airfare from Orlando which was at least $300 person. In other words, the proce is only about $120/night all -inclusive and that is in the concierge level suite. Soounds great! but I need confirmation that it is a good place. Checked tripadvisor and there are a few reviews and it appears a coupel reviews from JAnuary showed they were still workign the kinks out with service, staff etc but that the reviews from late Feb and MArch seem alright.

Anyone anyone let me know what you think especially if you have been to the resort!
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
KVR

Check out reviews here:

http://www.tropictravelonline.com/ub...oard=14&page=1
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Ok booked this dea;l because of price but still haven't seen any recent reviews. The link above only has one short review an dhte couple vacationed there right after it opened. Sill looking for someone who visited in last couple of months - Resort has only been ope 4 months. This used ot be a Sandals that was closed down mid last summer, then taken over by new company - renovated and reopened in Decemberish. I am hoping it is Sandals level. We have an upgraded conierge level room. Any thoughts appreciated as this is our annoiversary trip and we are hoping for somethign decent. Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Sun lover,

Have you gone on your anniversary vacation yet to be able to comment on the new facility?
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
KVR

I don't know about sunlover, but DH and I stayed at that resort in December, 2012. We've been to many AI resorts and liked it very much. I have my trip report and pictures on this site, just click my user name to find.