Jet Ski Excursion - Southern Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are excursions / tours that include riding a jet ski to specific destinations, combined with snorkeling, etc. (not just a jet ski rental by the 1/2 hour - this is an actual excursion) -- offered in Florida Keys, Mexico, Tahiti . . . can't seem to find any for any of the islands I will be visiting in a few weeks: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Martin, or even St. John or Anguilla or Saba (which we could ferry to). Any well-traveled excursion professionals?
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 03:02 AM
KVR

We've done a few jet ski excursions, but not on the Islands you mentioned. We've had excursions in Cancun, Cozumel, Turks and Caicos and seen one listed for Grand Cayman. We've also been to St. Thomas, St. John and St. Lucia. Not aware of any jet ski excursions there. Not familar with the other Islands you listed.

Try the cruise boards. They will probably have the info your looking for. www.cruisecritic.com
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 04:47 AM

I have traveled to the Grenadines quite often in the past 15 years and have yet to see any jet skis. I must add thank goodness. It has been my experience when visiting the beaches along the coast of Florida, New Jersey, Virginia and Lake Erie as well cruising the rivers in my hometown of Pittsburgh all to often skiers lack a sense of manners.

While they have a place in rescue operations, I believe it should be left as such or require completion of a boater safety course tweaked for jet ski use and an age limit in place same as driving a car. Ditto for snow mobiles.

In the Caribbean especially much of the southeastern islands such as the Grenadines the reefs are in most instances still quite pristine. I shudder to think what could happen if this type of excursion becomes commonplace.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

KVR - as I suspected - I didn't think they had them except for those places, thanks for responding.

Vinceygirl - so you know, although I do share your thoughts for the most part on jet skis, I'm not looking for a go fast, reckless jet ski activity. This is part of a GUIDED TOUR where you are not allowed to go more than X mph and includes snorkeling and hanging out at a beach, etc. It's along the lines of some kayaking exursions going where you cannot with bigger (yet small) boats.