Search

Jake's in jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Meapale

Jake's in jamaica

Looking into Jake's on the South Coast of Jamaica. Any comments on either the area or the Hotel? <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 05:49 PM
Karen

Email me, please. Just rec'd some info that might be helpful to you!!!

Old May 1st, 2001, 05:28 AM
joan

C'mon, Karen, tell us ALL your new info. Jake's fascinates me.

Old May 1st, 2001, 06:54 AM
Meredith

I do know of a few people looking into other Island Outpost hotels as well, Jake's being one of them. So, if you have any info on Jake's, the South Coast of Jamaica, Treasure Beach, or Island Outpost hotels, please post. Thanks.

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:26 PM
Karen

I heard about Jake's last year and it looked and sounded delightful. The fact that it was becoming one of the "in" places for the "rich and famous" did not deter me but was thinking that it would be great before the masses found out about it and tried it! However, I was talking with an efriend the other nite who is very familiar with Ja and she mentioned that there had been some serious crimes committed recently in the Treasure Beach area not too far from Jakes. I hesitate to mention it here only because I have not been able to independently find any information about it. I do not doubt her knowledge nor would she have any reason to report the information to me. But, I still don't like slam dunking any spot or island unless I have read it myself. Guess by asking Meredith to email me, I let the cat out of the bag and if I were reading the thread, would be very curious as well (not too smart on my part!). So maybe someone knows more or has additional information! But then there is crime elsewhere and it doesn't deter folks from going there!! I hope it clears up my "mysterious" post but since no one had answered, I thought maybe the thread was pretty much "dead" and no one but Meredith would read it! Surprise!!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:45 AM
Meredith

Thanks Karen! <BR> <BR>I appreciate what information you do have at this time. If you find out anything more or even solid facts, please post it! It's always good to know what to expect. And i agree with the "no slaming" until you have first hand experience or read about it in a reputable source. <BR> <BR>It's always good to be on the look out when away from home, and i agree, crime is a large deterant for most travelers. <BR> <BR>But, I live in NYC, and grew up in a large city. So various negative interactions with all sorts of people, are just part of my life. My boyfriend and i are still very intrested though. So if anyone has maybe stayed there, or in the general area, i would be very intrested in hearing about it. <BR> <BR>I've been to the Caribbean before, but this will be my first time to a larger island.