Reload this Page >

Island suggestions for a diverse group?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Matt

Hi.<BR>A large group of old high school friends ('92) are planning a 'reunion' in the carribbean. Some of us are married and looking for relaxation hiking and scenery, some are single and looking for nightlife. Any suggestions on an island that can accommodate all of us? Also, we're looking for inexpensive accommodations (most of us are on a budget)<BR>Thank you!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:11 AM
x

Puerto Rico might be a place to investigate.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Paul

You might check out an Apple Vacation to Brezzes Resort- Runaway Bay, Jamaica.<BR>Nearby is golf, horses, rafting, mountains, biking. Nice quiet and safe area of Jamaica.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:46 AM
cc

why not rent a villa in st. john? there's great swimming, beaches, snorkeling, diving, and hiking. it's a mellow island.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Penney

I agree with the Puerto Rico suggestion. There is really tons to do off the resorts - rain forsets, hiking, horse back riding, touring the forts and old San Juan - or do nothing at all. Stay outside of San Juan however.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Carib Fan

I'd look into St. Croix. It has a little bit of everyting. St. John is a little too uninhabited for some. PR has a lot of traffic and is a faster paced island. St. Croix is a nice blend.