Search

Island/Resort Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Island/Resort Ideas

I know questions like these are asked all the time, but i wanted to get some direct advice from the folks on this board. I appreciate the advice!

We are planning a vacation (5 nights/6 days) in middle to end of Feb 2020. The travelers are my wife, myself, and another couple. We have a budget of ~$4000/couple (including airfare from Philadelphia). Also would prefer to have all inclusive with that budget, if it were not all inclusive then the air/hotel would have to be a little bit less to offset meal costs.

Right now we are leaning towards secrets wild orchid in montego bay, since we got married at secrets maroma a few years ago we know they are wonderful resorts. However, we are also open to new ideas, and some of us want to try a southern Caribbean island or new location altogether (we have already been to mex and jamiaca).

Any advice/recommendations that you guys can give me are very much appreciated.
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The majority of Caribbean All Inclusives in your price range (adjusted for the cost of airfare) can be found in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cancun and Cozumel so you might want to concentrate your search to those destinations.

You’ll also find a few All Inclusives on Antigua and St. Lucia but the ones on the latter island may be pushing your budget to the upper limit.

Last edited by RoamsAround; Jul 16th, 2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 10:46 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
. . . and don't overestimate how much time you'll have >>5 nights/6 days<< - 5 nights will net you 4 full days to see/do things, not 6 days.