ISLAND HELP PLEASE!

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ISLAND HELP PLEASE!

20 year old male planning may vacation with my girfriend.

I have been looking into
Aruba
Barbados
Jamaica
Puerto Rico

Which one of these islands to you suggest a younger couple go to. where we would be more liable to find kids our own age. Do you suggest we stick to the cheaper islands?

THANKS
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:25 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You might enjoy JAKE'S on the South Coast of Jamaica in Treasure Beach. See treasurebeach.net Where To Stay section.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there!
I suggest Jamaica. Though I've never been there myself; many of my friends have and they have loved it! Plus, they are very lenient on carding. Whereas in Puerto Rico, you might have a hard time getting into certain places. But if you decide PR; stay in either the Isla Verde (Carolina) or Condado sections of the island. Have fun!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aruba!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In response to castillo - in Puerto Rico, the legal drinking age is 18. At 20, boogabooga will be able to get into club that he wants. If you do decide on Puerto Rico, I suggest spending at least one night bar-hopping in San Sebastian street in Old San Juan and one night at the club of the El San Juan (Wyndham).

Also, if you do go to Puerto Rico try to get out of San Juan for at least a day. I really like the southwestern part of the island (Cabo Rojo, Lajas, Guanica) and the outer islands of Vieques and Culebra. I've also heard good things about Rincon.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
7 mile beach in Negril Jamaica has a very young and lively clientel
Dan and Ginny
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jamaica for sure! It caters to the young and active, couples and singles! Breezes is a good all inclusive and I believe there are 2 there now. Sandals is always good for couples and there is more than one of them also. Negril has some great places also, but if money is an issue... the other choices are better and you'll still enjoy yourself rain or shine! I always have!
Let us know what you pick and how it works for you. Enjoy!

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:30 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are planning to go in June and July - the odds are there will be alot of honeymooners in all of these places.
Personally, I would not recommend Jamaica.

However- I don't think you will find 1 particular island that just caters to your age group. It is a diverse section of age groups and it depends on where you stay.

For your age group and if not going to the Caribbean but getting sun etc. still works. I would suggest the following places:

Cancun, Mexico (you can get great deals right now in Mexico - even a 5 star like the Ritz at $200/night.

Miami Beach (south beach)

Puerto Rico is nice as well.

It really depends on your interests and your budget.

Good luck....
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 02:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alot of honeymooners in June and July in Jamaica -- or other islands -- is an absurd notion, quite uninformed, if not ludicrous.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 02:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
South Beach is all 20s,but bring money and be not averse to crowds -- go for the nightlife. Barbados is conservative, a long haul, more upscale Brit in style. Aruba is package tourists. PR San Juan is lively, urban with great drives out into the countryside along the Parrot route and into the rainforest area. Negril is a natural -- check out Tensing Pen on the cliffs, Blue Cove Castle -- see negril.com for over 90 places to stay.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 04:04 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ladies - obviously Tiverton House does not realize that June and July is the most popular month of the year in the US to get married and thus the Caribbean is filled with honeymooners. But as girls you would already know that- obviously they don't. The last posting might want to ask around first before you end up at a romantic honeymoon spot with all couples. Ignorance is bliss. You might want to get your facts straight.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 04:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PS. Ladies - Tiverton House is a vacation rental place in Jamaica - boy that's a surpise!

Do you thinkl they are really giving fair opinions or is it just an advertisement for Jamaica. Especially with their reference to negril.com. Guess what - that is in Jamaica. Otherwise a tourism ad. Go figure!! Just remember where the info is coming from.....
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 04:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Our favorite island is Aruba. You might look into the Divi Aruba Resort Mega All inclusive (diviaruba.com). Lots of activities and shows every night. Travelers reviews for the resort at Where2Stay.com. The beaches are gorgeous in Aruba--lots of watersports--and the people are friendly. You would have a great vacation.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 11:36 AM
EJC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Out of the 4 choices you have given,without question, Jamaica.
At 20 years old,this is your only pick. If you go to JA,make sure you stay in Negril. 7mile beach is INCREDIBLE.The worst part about staying in Negril,is the long ride from the airport. Don't get me wrong,Aruba and PR are fine choices,but being 20 years old I'd go with JA. Ya Mon!
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 02:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello twenty year old!!

I have never been to PR - but I hear that my friends grandmother loves her Condo there... I don't know Aruba but I hear it is expensive...but my second recommendation is also expensive... Barbados - but BBdos has lots of cool little spots to stay cheaper and if you rent a car you can get around easily - don't forget to drive through cheffette cheap and festive food - like mcdonalds but better and they even have Roti's... Plus bbdos has Harbour lights where you pay ten dollars and drink all night (don't drive that night)...

But my first choice for any twenty year old male who wants to have fun and be somewhere exotic is always JA... Lets be honest few people know how to have fun like Jamaicans - but take it easy they can party maybe even a bit too hard for the best of us... but a friendly bunch of humans who respond really well to easy going young people. Negril has the beach where you can do anything and see everyone and meet anyone... Mobay is a hot spot for nightlife and beach activity and Ochi isgood but definetly more honeymoon style but still a neat little town to visit!! June and July may be prime honeymoon but both Barbados and Jamaica are big enough to avoid these people who lets be honest are trying really hard to avoid you, so dont fret about that and the tourism industry is saying that Sept. is the prime honeymoon time now... But brace yourself and make sure you splurge on Air conditioning as in the summer in the Caribbean it is HHHHOOOOOTTTTTT and dry.... so drink lots of beer and water, stay by the beach and or pool and don't do to much exercise!!

Have fun they are all good choices - its the Caribbean isn't it?