Reload this Page >

Is it possible to visit Negril from Sandals Dunn's River

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Lee

I am staying at Sandals Dunns River and was wondering the best way to see Negril if possible?

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:09 AM
tivertonhouse

Lee:Recommend 1) hiring a licensed certified private guide for the drive, with stops en route and 2) booking a room for one night to either use as a dayroom/changing room if you want to sample Negril club life or for an overnight. 9 recent guests staying at SIESTA villa, Runaway Bay --about 30 min from Sandals DR -- did just this/plus, private trips to Port Antonio and Black River/YS. It will be<BR>a LONG 3 hour drive to NEGRIL so you might as well plan exploring and enjoying en route with an overnight<BR>available to us at local's rates in Negril. The recommended guide services is BARRETT ADVENTURES at [email protected] on island. Talk to Carolyn directly.

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:41 AM
jamaicajim

About the only way I would attempt going from Ochi to Negril would be by plane. You can arrange flights from Ochi to MoBay and then Mobay to Negril. I'm not sure if there would be a flight direct from Ochi to Negril. It might be rather expensive though.<BR>

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Penney

I agree with the last post. The car ride would be about 4 hours but the plane shuttle can get you there alot quicker. Check with Air Jamaica or Tim Air for prices. And I would book a nighth to stay in Negril - awesome area.

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:36 AM
DAVE

Better yet, change your trip to Negril. It is a MUCH nicer area.

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Lyn

Exactly Dave. Sandal's Dunn's River is not one of the better resorts. Unless they've change it, the beach is awful--fences on either side, thus one cannot walk it. There are Jamaican peddlers who have hung their wares on the fence and they will be yelling at you to buy. We stayed at SDR and Sandal's Negril and Negril is far and away the better resort. Change your plans!!!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
paula

I don't know about changing resorts but I can tell you this - we stayed in Montego Bay(mid-island) and did a day trip to Dunn's River Falls - and it definitely was a full day trip. Even though a four hour ride may not sound bad - the roads are not good and unless you have Juta bus, many of the taxis are NOT air conditioned. They are mostly 1960 or 70 vintage cars with open windows....that's it! Put that on top of many hours on the road - I would make a return trip to Negril another time!!