Search

I need honeymoon suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need honeymoon suggestions...

Hello all,

I'm planning on going to Grenada or St. Lucia in November. I need some recommendations for resorts/accomodations. I'm hoping to find something with a definate Caribbean feel: maybe open air, thatched roof, or over the water. I'm hoping to stay for 7-5 days on about $3000-$4000. We'd like to stay away from the Cruise Ship crowds. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:58 AM

Why, you're describing Grenada's LaLuna Resort (http://www.laluna.com/index3.html).
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Laby,

You're absolutely right, according to my description this is the perfect place; however, I misspoke. I really only have about $2,000-$2,500 on the room, more if it is all inclusive.

Do you know if La Luna is flexible on their posted rate, or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:27 AM

I don't know LaLuna's rates for that time of year but my guess is that it will probably run more than your budget if you stay for a week. If you stay for just 5 days, you can probably do it but I wouldn't recommend traveling to Grenada for less than a week because of the time (and plane transfers) involved in getting there. Send them an e-mail and see if they can come up with something you can afford. I'd also check around on the web to see if you might find a good deal on an air-hotel package for LaLuna. Sometimes you can find some good bargains this way.

Another place you might consider is La Sagesse (http://www.lasagesse.com/) on Grenada's south shore. La Sagesse is located on a beautiful, relatively secluded beach and it has a definite Caribbean feel. It's not nearly as luxurious as LaLuna but it is great in its own low-key way (and significantly less expensive). The rooms are very nicely decorated and are just feet away from the beach. The hotel also has a good restaurant that charges reasonable prices and its within walking/short driving distance of the swankier Bel Air Plantation Resort which has an excellent restaurant. La Sagesse's owner/manager Mike is very good in answering e-mail inquiries.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:39 AM

Check out the Luxury Link website. When I was there yesterday La LUna was offering a 7 night package with breakfast and dinner daily, plus extras like an island tour, for just under $3000. Something like that might work for you.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM

Laby, have you stayed at La Sagesse? My husband and I are strongly considering Grenada as our next destination and we're considering splitting our time between two different places. We're thinking about starting with a few nights at La Sagesse or Twelve Degrees North and finishing up at La Luna for more of a splurge. Can you tell me anything more about La Sagesse or Twleve Degrees North?