Reload this Page >

How to spend evenings on St. John ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Lisa

I understand St. John is a rather quiet island and that's fine with us, but we would not mind seeing people and listening to some (live?) music or something like that. Any suggestions ? Is taking the ferry over to St.Thomas for the evening a good idea?<BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:15 AM
nancy

Cruz bay is definitely a sleepy town, but thurs at Morgan's Mango there's cheap drinks and reggae music (and the food is great), we hung out at a little bar in Mongoose Junction right next to Paradiso called the something Dog....nice people hung out there. Check out the guidebooks on where to go out. Definitely eat at Stone Terrace, Morgan's Mango, Cafe Wahoo and Paradiso. The restaurants were absolutely terrific. enjoy.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:15 AM
cj

There is some nightlife on St. John. You should be able to find out by wandering around when you arrive and asking questions. One of my favorit places is Duffy's Love Shack -- dynamite drinks, good food, not too expensive. Personally, the idea of taking a ferry to STT doesn't appeal, but it depends on what you're looking for. To me, sitting on the deck of a villa and watching the stars and taking a moonlight swim in the pool is all the nightlife I need! I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what you decide!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:21 AM
lisa

Go to Woodys!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:05 PM
Lisa

Thanks for all suggestions !<BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:08 AM
Kurt

Go to skinny legs. It has live music once or twice a week and the best burgers on the island. It is at the east end, but well worth the drive. I think they have a website at skinnylegs.com?

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:58 AM
janet

My husband and I enjoyed evenings at the Beach Bar. There was always a good crowd of both locals and visitors; good drinks, live music some nights and the famous Tuesday night Crab races.<BR><BR>Enjoy!