How is the Edgewater Inn??

Jul 15th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Jessica

How is the Edgewater Inn??

My boyfriend and I are looking into stying at the edgewater inn, and have already booked the week. Unfortunately, my research on the place didn't include what I am now finding. I have ran into more than a few people who have had bad experiences at this inn. I realize our deposit is now non-refundable, but would rather forfeit that money than be disappointed upon arrival. Is there any other small place to stay that is clean and has rougher waters (we are surfers)!! Is the inn really that bad??Thanks for your help!!

Aug 4th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Gayle

Please, please do not stay at the Edgewater Inn!! I made the mistake of staying there for the past 3 nights. I had "prepaid" and each night it got worse. It was dirty, very run-down, had no cold water, and had no towels for the last 2 days. No one EVER was at the front desk. After waiting an hour and a half for towels (I was continuously told it would be a "few more minutes") I was then told to "have some patience." I then finally received "WET" towels! The claim of A/C was a pathetic window unit over the door, down a hallway from the bed, with no insulation, so that it did not even cool the room. The ceiling fan was broken. I was given a rusted, decrepit floor fan after complaining twice and having to roam around for help at 2am. The owner was around one night, but just ordered the bartender to get him a refill of his wine while guests sat waiting for service. It was literally the worst hotel experience I ever had. Barbados in general, and the Edgewater Inn area in particluar, was a dumping ground with litter everywhere. I hear the resorts on the West and South Coast offer better accomodations. I definately would NOT stay at the Edgewater Inn. On my way home, I met a representative from the Barbados Dept of Tourism who said it is the WORST place to stay and they are petitioning to get reviews of their hotel changed. He said to visit www.edgewaterhell.com. I wish I saw this before my trip to the Edgewater Inn. (Sorry to share this bad news! Hope you can make other accomodations. Outside the Edgewater, Barbados was a really friendly place, and at another resort, it would have been a much better trip for us. Good luck!)

Aug 5th, 2002, 01:12 AM
fiona

We had lunch there as part of a day tour. Beautiful setting. We did however, have to use a room's toilet as the ones at reception were out of commission and I'd have to say that I was not impressed with the room. It had definitely "had it's day".If I remember rightly the pool area looked a bit dilapitated too.BTW we were impressed with the lunch.
I would definitely forfeit your money but I cannot recommend other accomodation as I have not stayed near there.Hope you get it sorted. Barbados is a magical place!

Aug 5th, 2002, 12:12 PM
ttt

to the top for Lois to see!

Aug 5th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Lois

I know the Edgewater Inn does lots of advertising & pricing seems good, but I would tend to agree with Gayle's impression. I would check out the following as an alternative:
http://www.gemsbarbados.com/silver
The resort is "Silver Rock" in the Silver Sands area (south coast). It's well-known for windsurfing. You will probably have a car (or moke if you want inexpensive travel), and can easily drive to Bathsheba for surfing. I think I would do that.