Reload this Page >

How is T-Water in Negril these days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 12:05 PM
Stacy

Has anyone been to the T-Water Hotel in Negril lately (in the last couple of months)? I'd like to know what the condition of the T-Water is like at this time since I've heard mixed views from "run down and being refurbished" to "clean and comfortable but not fancy". I'm considering going down to Negril in a few days with my husband and 2 young children. We're on a budget so are looking for something with a price that matches simple, clean and comfortable as opposed to luxurious. We don't need an all-inclusive as we are not drinkers and can't do much with 2 young children. We basically want somewhere quiet and on (or very close to) a nice beach with calm water (refrigerator and dinner included would be a plus). I'm seeing really good rates (air and hotel plus 2 meals/day) to T-Water these days so I'm a little suspicious (something must be wrong)What are their meals like? (we are somewhat health conscious and like nutritious foods) Any ideas? Thanks! ...Stacy

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:56 AM
Negril Jill

I have not been to T-Water lately, but I do know this: The hotel has been sold, and the new owners are busy refurbishing. Rooms with old, mildewed carpets are having the carpet removed and replaced with new tile. <BR> <BR>T-Water is now being sold as all-inclusive, which means 3 meals/day and LOCAL drinks from something like 10 AM to 10 PM. <BR> <BR>The only rooms with refrigerators at T-Water are the "beachfront jr. suites," which are essentially beachfront rooms with a sofa and a king-size bed. <BR> <BR>I have heard that the food is fine, I have also heard that "chicken backs" were served FOUR TIMES in one week. <BR> <BR>If you're on a budget, you might want to look into Merril's II. This is a new property that's an extension of an existing property. We stayed at the original Merril's two years ago, and it is clean and comfortable, with air conditioned rooms that also have ceiling fans. Merril's II is a bit more upscale, and has a pool. Still, it is cheaper than T-Water, even at rack rate, and a meal plan including 3 meals plus local drinks from 10 AM to 9 PM is available @ $30/day. <BR> <BR>Their Web site is http://www.merrilsbeach.com/.