How is Punta Cana really?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no dsire to go to the Dominican Republic but they offer some great deals and I don't want to be close-minded.

To anyone who has been before...once you get into the resort areas, how is it? What other island would you compare it to?
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 05:28 AM

The resort areas and beaches are great, it's the ride there that I didn't like. In addition it was recommended we not leave the resort once we were there. My husband and I like to see the island and feel safe doing it so we would not return. If you're happy staying at the resort then go for it.

Nancy
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 08:33 AM

We have been to the D.R. nine times...twice to Punta Cana..I honestly feel there is a greater value for your $$ compared to Mexico. The resorts are so spread out that is why they are all-inclusive...Driving and renting a car is NOT recommended..but there are so many side trips to take. For more information go to..
http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com./
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM

My husband and I just came back from D.R. The beaches were beautiful as well as our resort. There isn't much to do outside the resort. It is a place to relax and make your own fun. We liked it but not as much as other places we visited. I would definetly recommend the Bavaro Princess that is where we stayed, it was wonderful we do not have any complaints about the resort.
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM

well here;s the rundown on punta cana: If you just want a nice beach, o-kay food, and not leaving the resort(because there's nowhere to go outside at night) and during the day onlyinteresting places an hour or two away by guided tours for extr$, then go for it. Personally next time I might go to mexico because there is more nightlife and the food is better and you can get good deals to cancun and playa del carmen(the mayan riviera) Also when you do leave the hotel in the DR be prepared to see extreeeme poverty_i.e. 10 yrs old kids walking barefoot or kids running after tourist buses begging and kids working in sugar cane fields On the plus side, the local people are very nice and it does help to speak some spanish